• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Did You Notice As Of 6/2/2014 Is Now 19,101 Reserve The Elio Vehicle

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Look Bud! Don't lump me into the doubter category! I have been following and supporting Elio since '08 and don't recall making any negative......but only positive comments about Elio the vehicle and the company! My statement was simply base the flyer on the the P5 and the finalized completed production prototype before you ask me to distribute flyers of a P4 concept.

I don't recall denying your rights, having a my head in the sand attitude, and I repeat being only supportive........although your comment I find negative too my character. Yes. I am a reservationist and included in the over 20,000 reserved Elio's ....non-refundable $1000 no..........because I can't afford it along with a number of other Elio fans. Please delete my name from your post! YOUR MUSIC SUCKS MAN!

WOW, a sensitive nerve! Usually a positive statement that you might be one of the guilty one's.

Sorry, DUMB A_S. If you had a brain between your ears, instead of dead, wasted space, you would have. . . . . . . What the heck; Why waste anymore time on a dead beat like you. You haven't figured it out and never will!

You are now BLOCKED, troll!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With so much to read and follow here, I sometimes miss things that you guys have posted. With that in mind, I am wondering how many of you have followed through with the " free stuff" that was included in Friday's Elio Blog? In the past I've seen folks posting the desire to have " hand out" flyers from Elio that we could pass out to friends and neighbors to help get the word out faster. Well, it's there now. We just need to print them out and get them in the hands of those that may be unaware of this great little car.

Surely EVERYONE is aware of theses hand outs and ALL are now actively involved with getting them out? Just wondering. :rolleyes:
I printed one on photo quality paper and will be having it laminated since my printer is ink jet. Then I will share with people and allow them to copy if so desired. I also make a point of showing off my bumper sticker whenever I get aa chance. I stopped at Territorial Seed Company on my way home from Eugene yesterday and pointed it out to the young lady who carried my new plants out to the car. She was totally taken with and looked forward to getting more information on line. I also showed the small photo album I carry to one of the care givers at the assisted living center a friend of mine resides in in Eugene. He was totally intrigued by it and insisted I be sure to let him know when I get mine so he can see it. I hope my friend lives long enough to take a ride in my Elio. He is 95, though, and not doing well. We would have to take a totally local (around the block) ride because the Elio will not be big enough for his wheelchair or even his walker which means he has to get in and out at home. In fact this is one time where 2 doors would help because it will probably take two people to help him get in and out of my Elio. :-) Z

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
wow Troll? I'm the most non-sensitive personality you've never met. Frankly, if the moderators allow this kind of music I have lost respect for the Elio Owner's Forum and the Admin. It's now Elio direct for all of my future Elio updates and discussion. I need a 'Break Time'. The background Music and name calling are definitely unnecessary to a successful Elio outcome. Go Elio and Zelio! Thanks.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking they should get the P5 and some additional prototypes built and rolling before they ask me to hand out flyers.
I don't think they were asking us to hand out flyers but instead responding to requests. I know I asked about printable information at one point. In fact I was going to do a much simpler version of what they did - pictures separate from text. I was thrilled when I saw the Tech Talk last week because it was all on one page. I think this approach allows people to decide for themselves how much/little and what they want to do. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been thinking the same thing. I have the bumper sticker on my car, but I'm not going to promote to co-workers, family, and friends until next prototype is built and maybe not until first factory workers are hired. For now I see this a low risk for me, but worth it for my own personal reasons.
Ditto. I'll risk my own money, but won't promote to anyone yet just in case nothing happens with the Elio. I don't want to have to answer to family and freinds who I talked into making a deposit if everything goes south.
I don't suggest anyone reserve an Elio, I simply introduce them to the vehicle and let them do their own research. If they decide on their own to reserve, great. If not, that is OK also. I firmly believe everyone has to act in their own best interest where anything financial is concerned. :) Z

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
wow Troll? I'm the most non-sensitive personality you've never met. Frankly, if the moderators allow this kind of music I have lost respect for the Elio Owner's Forum and the Admin. It's now Elio direct for all of my future Elio updates and discussion. I need a 'Break Time'. The background Music and name calling are definitely unnecessary to a successful Elio outcome. Go Elio and Zelio! Thanks.
I have never considered Rickb negative. I'm sorry he is signing off and hope he returns soon. He has been a good member. Some people are simply more comfortable promoting things they believe in and that is fine with me. As long as they are not totally trashing Elio, Paul Elio and the whole idea that we have made reservations, I do not consider them trolls. But that is strictly my totally biased and not at all humble opinion. :-) Z

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To, DWR, JNR, Rickb, and any other doubters, that certainly is YOUR right and prerogative. But does that give you the right to deny the right of others to their freedom of choice?

No one is trying to force anyone, on, or off of this forum, to put their money down on the Elio. We are all just trying to keep everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE informed as to what is going on in the market place with this car. . ., and to allow ALL of them to make their own INFORMED decision.

So if you are going to stifle the flow of information, to those who may never yet heard about the Elio, then, let's see you stop belly aching about the slow progress being made in bringing the Elio to production.

I, and I feel many others on this forum, STRONGLY disagree with your "negative, stick your head in the sand attitude."

We have got to help make the public informed in order to make this thing grow rapidly!

ARE YOU IN 100%, non-refundable?
Simply put, I think you may need to tone down the keyboard drama.

All I did was agree that I won't actively promote to people I know until a little more progress occurs. I'm supportive here and I did put my money down and I think it should go to production, but I have my own internal gauge of what is good enough for me to actively promote. I'm really not sorry if passively promoting is not good enough for you, but I think you should reconsider how to disagree with those here to continue polite discourse.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Simply put, I think you may need to tone down the keyboard drama.

All I did was agree that I won't actively promote to people I know until a little more progress occurs. I'm supportive here and I did put my money down and I think it should go to production, but I have my own internal gauge of what is good enough for me to actively promote. I'm really not sorry if passively promoting is not good enough for you, but I think you should reconsider how to disagree with those here to continue polite discourse.
BTW JNR, I saw another yellow car the color of your avatar yesterday in Eugene. As far as the rest of the vehicles, I was too busy coping with driving in a university town traffic situation to notice any of them. Obviously the yellow stood out. LOL :-) Z

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BTW JNR, I saw another yellow car the color of your avatar yesterday in Eugene. As far as the rest of the vehicles, I was too busy coping with driving in a university town traffic situation to notice any of them. Obviously the yellow stood out. LOL :) Z
What, you couldn't have forgot about driving for just a few seconds and risked crashing to tell us what car it was? LOL.

Top Bottom