• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Did You Notice As Of 6/2/2014 Is Now 19,101 Reserve The Elio Vehicle

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What, you couldn't have forgot about driving for just a few seconds and risked crashing to tell us what car it was? LOL.
Sorry, I have no idea. LOL They all look alike unless the color stands out! LOL Why do you think I love the Elio! It will stand out in the crowd both by color and STYLE!!!!! Love My Elio!!! :-) Z

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Simply put, I think you may need to tone down the keyboard drama.

All I did was agree that I won't actively promote to people I know until a little more progress occurs. I'm supportive here and I did put my money down and I think it should go to production, but I have my own internal gauge of what is good enough for me to actively promote. I'm really not sorry if passively promoting is not good enough for you, but I think you should reconsider how to disagree with those here to continue polite discourse.
JNR................tone, name calling, and personal attacks are the Mods responsiblity. I have been personally responsible for a minimum of 4 Elio reservation sign ups and perhaps more that I'm unaware of. Obviously, I have been actively promoting the Elio. I will even distribute flyers when all the Elio's specifications are finalized and included on the flyer. I suppose I could block the music, but many posts are just far to negative and personal that takes the fun out of the journey. See you at the First Annual Elio Rally.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To, DWR, JNR, Rickb, and any other doubters, that certainly is YOUR right and prerogative. But does that give you the right to deny the right of others to their freedom of choice?

No one is trying to force anyone, on, or off of this forum, to put their money down on the Elio. We are all just trying to keep everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE informed as to what is going on in the market place with this car. . ., and to allow ALL of them to make their own INFORMED decision.

So if you are going to stifle the flow of information, to those who may never yet heard about the Elio, then, let's see you stop belly aching about the slow progress being made in bringing the Elio to production.

I, and I feel many others on this forum, STRONGLY disagree with your "negative, stick your head in the sand attitude."

We have got to help make the public informed in order to make this thing grow rapidly!

ARE YOU IN 100%, non-refundable?
Wow Music Man, maybe you should switch to decaf. I'm not a doubter, and I am all in (at only 100.00). I haven't posted anything negative that I'm aware of. Maybe some ignorant post at first, but I've since educated myself about the Elio. As a matter of fact, 2 - 3 weeks ago you said you may be able to make a trip to the factory for some recon, and I offered to help with some gas/expense money if you recall. I don't see how you could call that belly aching and negative. That trip still on? o_O

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ditto. I'll risk my own money, but won't promote to anyone yet just in case nothing happens with the Elio. I don't want to have to answer to family and freinds who I talked into making a deposit if everything goes south.
I still believe in individual responsibility. If you buy into an idea you own it, not the person that convinced you

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Simply put, I think you may need to tone down the keyboard drama.

All I did was agree that I won't actively promote to people I know until a little more progress occurs. I'm supportive here and I did put my money down and I think it should go to production, but I have my own internal gauge of what is good enough for me to actively promote. I'm really not sorry if passively promoting is not good enough for you, but I think you should reconsider how to disagree with those here to continue polite discourse.

JNR, sorry if you were offended. It is NOT being dictated to by others that keeps this country free. I DO respect your opinion, and you certainly are entitled to it. . . . . . As we ALL are., including myself, and I shall ALWAYS exercise my freedom of speech.

Another old saying, JNR, and this too will probably go right over your head and offend you. Sorry, in advance. But we are ALL ENTITLED TO OUR OWN STUPID OPINIONS.

And THAT, offended friend, includes BOTH of us. :D

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow Music Man, maybe you should switch to decaf. I'm not a doubter, and I am all in (at only 100.00). I haven't posted anything negative that I'm aware of. Maybe some ignorant post at first, but I've since educated myself about the Elio. As a matter of fact, 2 - 3 weeks ago you said you may be able to make a trip to the factory for some recon, and I offered to help with some gas/expense money if you recall. I don't see how you could call that belly aching and negative. That trip still on? o_O

My apologies to you, DWR! Some time our shot gun hit's innocent bystanders. ( Though I do admit, that your "name," was included in the target zone. ) :oops: Just getting a tad upset when folks miss the entire logic of the message. We all seem to. Be wanting this car to go to production, "last month," if you understand what I mean.

To me, I WILL not tell anyone that they need to take their hard earned money and jump into this thing with blinders on, but I DO feel that the more folks that can be made aware of this project that Paul Elio is working on, maybe, just MAYBE, they can be " grown up" enough, to make their OWN decision.

Oh sure, the best thing that Paul could do to spur interest and new reservations, would be to put maybe 30 or so Elio's out on the streets so people could see them, and thus ask questions, make their decisions and maybe reserve one. That would be much better maybe than parading 2 prototypes around the country. But we know that is an impossible dream right now.

That's why I feel strongly about HELPING in any way possible to share the word, get it out to everyone we know. We are the grass roots of this thing and we do have a strong base. Hand out the flyers.

Again, DON'T try to force anyone to spend their money. If they are simply made aware of it, they'll get involved IF THEY WANT TOO. :)

And yes, DWR, I will be going up to the plant to peek over the fence, camera in hand.

Have a great day!

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
we are ALL ENTITLED TO OUR OWN STUPID OPINIONS, yes

Even the self proclaimed experts among the forum. I believe they have a right to express an opinion without blabbering endlessly about their unprovable accomplishments ad nauseam.

My experience: I threw a rock at a squirrel once.:rolleyes:

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
we are ALL ENTITLED TO OUR OWN STUPID OPINIONS, yes

Even the self proclaimed experts among the forum. I believe they have a right to express an opinion without blabbering endlessly about their unprovable accomplishments ad nauseam.

My experience: I threw a rock at a squirrel once.:rolleyes:

Did Ya hit the squirrel?

Dustoff, do you recall the definition of an "expert?"

An "expert" is a VERY, tiny spurt of water, that was under pressure.

Know anyone that want to be that?? o_O

Top Bottom