• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disappointment

tweedd

Reaction score
I am one of those long hangers, patient, supportive types, but as the years are rolling by I am about to turn seventy. I was hoping to drive my Elio before they take away my drivers licence or I can't bend my knees enough to get into it. On a selfish vein, I hate the thought of some Corporate big wig driving my Elio while I limp my old Chevy through another hopeful year.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're disappointed now just wait 'till the actial price turns out to be 2x the 'target' :(
Where did you ever hear something like that? You couldn't be more incorrect.
You have some inside information that none of us have access to, share where you got it from.
If you're speculating and doing wild guesses I can tell you, you're pretty far from the truth.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where did you ever hear something like that? You couldn't be more incorrect.
You have some inside information that none of us have access to, share where you got it from.
If you're speculating and doing wild guesses I can tell you, you're pretty far from the truth.
I took it as out of control pessimism.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am one of those long hangers, patient, supportive types, but as the years are rolling by I am about to turn seventy. I was hoping to drive my Elio before they take away my drivers licence or I can't bend my knees enough to get into it. On a selfish vein, I hate the thought of some Corporate big wig driving my Elio while I limp my old Chevy through another hopeful year.
Welcome, know you're not alone. We even have a member/lawyer who has volunteered to do the section of your (for free) will to leave your reservation for your loved ones!!
Me, closing in on 74 (4th q of the year!!- ) There are a lot of young seniors here hoping they too get behind the wheel.
I guess you haven't had the opportunity yet to sit in the E, when you do, it's like sitting in at "normal" seat height.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I took it as out of control pessimism.
I don't see that as pessimism, but rather an opinion that we are in some disagreement with. The target base, according to Paul some time ago, sounds like it is inching closer to $7500, even though he continues to market $6800. Add the options most are considering mandatory or can't live without and the final average cost of the Elio will be well above the base price..........which is true of all cars. The difference is a potential Elio customer can conveniently order a base Elio at whatever the final MSRP.

Has anyone ever ordered an actual base model vehicle currently on the market? I think the same will hold true of the Elio owners when ordering only the options they NEED. I bet most Elio's ordered will be in that $10-12K price range, because I can't control my spending when it comes to options and need the auto transmission, heated leather seats, and so much more.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Holy Crap ! ;)Scoopy Doo is a K9 excrement removal service . Incidentally , The median home value in Locust Valley Long Island is $577,900 with many well into the seven figures . Should be fun seeing the Elio running around with all the Bentleys .

View attachment 8946
Perhaps Scooby Doo is thinking of installing a rake attachment to the underside of the Elio.

Top Bottom