• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disappointment

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1.jpg

Speaking of disappointment, is this real or a computer CAD rendering?
When I gave this a thumbs up for production progress.......I thought it was built from real deal body panel molds.........not! 3 D CAD is an amazing design and engineering rendering tool.

ImOnabus

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be a good thing, in light of how good the Prius headlights rated.

the iihs "good" rating is only given to a prius v with an optional lighting package which is only available (of course) on the highest trim level. nonetheless, it is an "off the shelf" part.

"The Prius v earns a good rating when equipped with LED lights and high-beam assist. To get those headlights, consumers must purchase the advanced technology package, which is only available on the highest trim level. When equipped with regular halogen lights and without high-beam assist, the Prius v earns a poor rating." - http://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/deskt...-headlight-ratings-show-most-need-improvement

Tre'

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Meh. Paul has a good idea but was a bit optomistic about what it would take to do the deal. I like that he wants to do it right (his own engine, Roush) rather than putting something out that is less quality. The P5 is more refined and looks like a production car, not a kit car.
Dissappointed? A little, but being involved in cars and motorcycles all my life I had presumed a few years later than he started with. It will be worth it when the turbo version is available by my number... ; )

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the iihs "good" rating is only given to a prius v with an optional lighting package which is only available (of course) on the highest trim level. nonetheless, it is an "off the shelf" part.

"The Prius v earns a good rating when equipped with LED lights and high-beam assist. To get those headlights, consumers must purchase the advanced technology package, which is only available on the highest trim level. When equipped with regular halogen lights and without high-beam assist, the Prius v earns a poor rating." - http://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/deskt...-headlight-ratings-show-most-need-improvement

Thanks for that information. :)

Top Bottom