• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Doe Response!

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, OK... I had a cup of coffee.....

Dear Mr. ---------,

Thank you for your letter to Secretary Perry regarding Elio Motors. The Secretary has asked the U.S. Department of Energy's Loan Programs Office (LPO) to respond.

We appreciate your interest in the Loan Programs Office, however, we cannot respond directly to the statements in your letter as it is LPO's policy not to comment publicly on any application under review. Additional information about current projects and funding opportunities may be found on the Department's website (www.energy.gov/lpo).

Thank you again for your interest in the program.

Sincerely,

U.S Department of Energy
Loan Programs Office

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up, even disclosing the loan has been submitted (much less in process whether denied, in play, or in suspense) just ain't going to happen. There are too many ramifications ranging from business interference to insider trading: I bet even within the immediate DOE decision making circle there are strict rules and controls. Any status will only be known by Elio Motors and a few in the DOE until Elio, alone, chooses to go public, if they do at all.

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, OK... I had a cup of coffee.....

Dear Mr. ---------,

Thank you for your letter to Secretary Perry regarding Elio Motors. The Secretary has asked the U.S. Department of Energy's Loan Programs Office (LPO) to respond.

We appreciate your interest in the Loan Programs Office, however, we cannot respond directly to the statements in your letter as it is LPO's policy not to comment publicly on any application under review. Additional information about current projects and funding opportunities may be found on the Department's website (www.energy.gov/lpo).

Thank you again for your interest in the program.

Sincerely,

U.S Department of Energy
Loan Programs Office
Could you post a copy of the letter you sent with the email you sent it to? I'd send one as well, but with different wording than what you used so they wouldn't think it was a form letter.:D

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Could you post a copy of the letter you sent with the email you sent it to? I'd send one as well, but with different wording than what you used so they wouldn't think it was a form letter.:D

It was a very short & sweet email:

Elio Motors & ATVM Loan

Dear Secretary Perry,

We are two of over 65,000 reservations for an Elio...turn us back into Reagan Democrats!!!

Thanks for your attention,

Sailor & Salty Dog (used actual names :) )

Sent email to: The.Secretary@hq.doe.gov

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good!
Elio is mentioned by name in the reply. It is stated that they will take the step of forwarding to the loan program department. That is something.
Thanks for sharing this.
MK

Top Bottom