• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Doe Response!

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, OK... I had a cup of coffee.....

Dear Mr. ---------,

Thank you for your letter to Secretary Perry regarding Elio Motors. The Secretary has asked the U.S. Department of Energy's Loan Programs Office (LPO) to respond.

We appreciate your interest in the Loan Programs Office, however, we cannot respond directly to the statements in your letter as it is LPO's policy not to comment publicly on any application under review. Additional information about current projects and funding opportunities may be found on the Department's website (www.energy.gov/lpo).

Thank you again for your interest in the program.

Sincerely,

U.S Department of Energy
Loan Programs Office
I believe that Monday is 6 weeks since the DOE said Secretary Perry has asked the Loan Programs Office to respond with regard to ELIO MOTORS. I believe a response might/should be imminent and a point of one on one private discussion with the Caddo Parish commissioners who signed the non disclosure agreement written by the Caddo Parish attorney...hence the subsequent delay in the $7.5 million penalty over 1,500 jobs to January. Also the timing of the momentum's recent detailing of the manufacturing process concluding with paint and the obvious 'read between the lines' headlines. Seen hearsay online that this Monday or Tuesday there might be a significant news story. The recent departure of Elon Musk from the president's council might leave a vacuum more easily filled by an affordable vehicle for the people than an upper middle to upper class 's Tesla Model 3. Clunker reduction with mass production of Elio's will do more to reduce climate change than a limited supply of electric cars plugged into coal or natural gas power plants. The timing couldn't be better and a big win coming soon for traditional energy sources as I have said many times. Oil and gas reimagined to be part of the solution, a bridge to the future of alternative energy still a decade away. A future electric Elio based on popular demand across the economic ladder rather than by government subsidies only for the benefit of the rich. A true autocycle for everyone from us older but $carred scooter squadrons with former Harley's to the young invincibles on a used $500 Yamaha budget! Future ICE Elio sales over the next decade...at least a million!!! World wide demand...just the icing on the cake but add at least another 0!!!

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been searching but can't find where DOE loans were actually announced by the DOE independently and separately before the 'loanee' announced it. Anyone have any info on that? I don't want to get my hopes up for real and accurate loan status information from the DOE if it's not in their purview to announce it. I maintain that the burden or benefit of announcing the decision rests with the loanee, not the DOE.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been searching but can't find where DOE loans were actually announced by the DOE independently and separately before the 'loanee' announced it. Anyone have any info on that? I don't want to get my hopes up for real and accurate loan status information from the DOE if it's not in their purview to announce it. I maintain that the burden or benefit of announcing the decision rests with the loanee, not the DOE.
Anyone know what the answer is? Does the DOE or loan recipient announce? I believe it would be a joint announcement... tomorrow morning works for me! Any answer to the reservation update question from Booboo? No idea on that one...

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know what the answer is? Does the DOE or loan recipient announce? I believe it would be a joint announcement... tomorrow morning works for me! Any answer to the reservation update question from Booboo? No idea on that one...
DOE has announced issuance of loans in the past (see https://energy.gov/lpo/listings/lpo-press-releases), but of course it's been a number of years since it has announced the issuance of an ATVM loan.

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The ATVM program is completely eliminated in both Trump's earlier proposed budget and the budget submitted to Congress. I don't see any reason to expect that -anyone-, Elio included, will ever see another ATVM loan.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The ATVM program is completely eliminated in both Trump's earlier proposed budget and the budget submitted to Congress. I don't see any reason to expect that -anyone-, Elio included, will ever see another ATVM loan.
And when does the next budget (if passed) go into effect?
And is this proposed budget guaranteed to pass?

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And when does the next budget (if passed) go into effect?
And is this proposed budget guaranteed to pass?
The Trump budget would begin fiscal year 2018...details welcome. Any ATVM loan would have to be tied to 2017 to be relevant to the reason for the timetable changes with regard to penalties. Unless this is all going to be based on VC funding...the plan B Paul Elio has referred to that's waiting in the wings I imagine. After almost 7 weeks since Perry's request, maybe only Johanna Q. Public doesn't know, and at this point I don't think the ATVM loan is that important anyway except with regard to whether Paul Elio remains majority owner. Or maybe an angel investor is part of the equation and ownership status doesn't change. I'm just sure that it's a matter of everyone (VCs, angel investors) waiting in line behind the DOE's Loan Program Office whom Secretary Perry asked to respond on April 24th or before with regards to Elio Motors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom