• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Does Anyone Sleep!!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been told many times in the past that I look of Mediterranean origin, because my genes gave me dark hair and blue eyes and I tan very easily. But my ancestors on my mother's side were Irish (dark hair, blue/grey eyes), rather than Spanish.
I suppose if we look back far enough, we're all immigrants of one sort or another.
Speaking of Hinze 57, 1/2 Norwegian, 7/16 German, 1/32 Irish, 1/32 Engilish, a drop of French and perhaps a smidgen of Russian. That I know of! If I could get back far enough on the English side in Early America ( before 1800) who knows what might be there?
Ditto for me too, tan and all that, 'cept I look 100% English since I stay out of the sun as much as I can in AZ. Seriously, found any number of English 'selfies' that could be my brothers.
It's a very interesting fact that our DNA has some tricks (and ticks) in it. The environment can turn sections on or off. In the darkest skin people of Africa, and the lightest of westerners, it will still kick out almost any skin color randomly (but at a low rate). Much to the consternation of very loyal wives in both those situations! Can you imagine that during Colonial America?
I read an archeology/anthropology claim that inside of 2000 years some number of races/civilizations have turned completely either white-to black or the other way. It's all environmental response and survival selection.
My brother seems to have the Nordic genes switched on. When his hair is short its red. When long it's strawberry blond. He couldn't tan to save his life. For years he was sure he'd had a different father. But in photographs you can tell everything is the same except height and color. At 6-4 he towers over my 6-1.
There is SOOO much in the universe we don't know and have no clue about.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ditto for me too, tan and all that, 'cept I look 100% English since I stay out of the sun as much as I can in AZ. Seriously, found any number of English 'selfies' that could be my brothers.
It's a very interesting fact that our DNA has some tricks (and ticks) in it. The environment can turn sections on or off. In the darkest skin people of Africa, and the lightest of westerners, it will still kick out almost any skin color randomly (but at a low rate). Much to the consternation of very loyal wives in both those situations! Can you imagine that during Colonial America?
I read an archeology/anthropology claim that inside of 2000 years some number of races/civilizations have turned completely either white-to black or the other way. It's all environmental response and survival selection.
My brother seems to have the Nordic genes switched on. When his hair is short its red. When long it's strawberry blond. He couldn't tan to save his life. For years he was sure he'd had a different father. But in photographs you can tell everything is the same except height and color. At 6-4 he towers over my 6-1.
There is SOOO much in the universe we don't know and have no clue about.
In my family 5 of us know exactly who are Dad was, ( who was the mirror image of his maternal grandfather ) one sister looks like Mom and a brother who is no doubt an ancestor of our paternal great-grandfather. Our family genes are so strong even my youngest grandson looks like his GGG Grandfather. However he picked up the middle eastern skin tones, darker hair and hazel eyes of his fathers family ancestors. My other grandson is a medium blond haired, blue eyed, light skinned, Western European boy.

Last edited:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I try not to work at all :p
Me Too, but the leprechauns in the backyard don't always clean up after themselves, the fairies leave dust every where and when the house brownies go on vacation, things get a little messy. :( The 3 Amigoes answer to everything is, " I can't reach it! " ( Big brains, little legs! ):rolleyes: You just can't get good help now days.:confused: So it's left up to me! ;)

Top Bottom