• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The May '18 EMV CEO update is scheduled for...
Wednesday February 7th at 5:00pm Pacific and 8:00pm Eastern.
You can watch it and ask questions on the EVM Facebook page.

Or you can simply and conveniently watch it right here.
I'll post the live feed @ 8:00pm Eastern or shortly thereafter.

And... EMV is now saying that A/C will be a standard feature...
On the 2019 Solo, deliveries of which will start in September of this year.

First Statement from the CEO... The Solo is now USA certified.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK then, the first one for the US is out. Cool. I wonder if they will all be designated autocycles? I would think so. The article says "legally considered a motorcycle", but I'm not sure that's the case everywhere. Although, for legal issues the company is better off as a motorcycle. Note however, the sale was to an 'inside' guy.

They want to deliver 75k of them to the US in three years. I think that is reasonable for the demand. Hopefully they don't have ramp-up issues.

Because the Elio can cover the utility of the Solo, but not the reverse of that, I think Solo success actually will help the Elio. But once the Elio is out, it would impact Solo sales. JMHO.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK then, the first one for the US is out. Cool. I wonder if they will all be designated autocycles? I would think so. The article says "legally considered a motorcycle", but I'm not sure that's the case everywhere. Although, for legal issues the company is better off as a motorcycle. Note however, the sale was to an 'inside' guy.

They want to deliver 75k of them to the US in three years. I think that is reasonable for the demand. Hopefully they don't have ramp-up issues.

Because the Elio can cover the utility of the Solo, but not the reverse of that, I think Solo success actually will help the Elio. But once the Elio is out, it would impact Solo sales. JMHO.
Two things.

The sale was not to an 'inside' guy. It was to a person named Paul who resides in Los Angles.
Quote: "Ex-IndyCar driver Dominic Dobson, who is the Solo sales rep for Washington and Oregon,...
was on hand to "greet" the vehicle as it passed through his area."

Mr. Dobson was not the buyer. He simply met up with Jerry Kroll in Seattle to look the vehicle over.

The Solo is only classified as a motorcycle in the US. By the NHTSA.
In Canada it's considered a car and is undergoing appropriate and required crash testing.
The Asian requirements and standards are similar to the Canadian requirements and standards.
The EU has a slightly more complex categorization system.

The NHTSA extensive compliance regulations cover almost all aspects of the vehicles.
What little that is not covered (ie: fog lights) is open to regulation by the states.

The state classifications of motorcycle, three wheeled motorcycle and autocycle...
Basically only affect things not covered by the NHTSA, plus helmets and operator licenses/endorsements.

EMV has also begun to deliver fleet vehicles.
They are still only averaging 4 to 10 units per month out of their small Vancouver facility.
There is an estimated 500 unit shipment due between now and September from their Chinese partner..
Here are two delivered to a hotel in Victoria, Canada. That's the Mayor of Victoria behind the wheel.

doubletree_solos.jpg

This is a nice shot of the 2019 model which will is scheduled to begin delivery in September.
LED headlights and A/C will be standard features at no extra charge starting with the 2019 model

2019solo.jpg

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great to see a three-wheeler making it to public sales like this.

Are they still going to have that extra center-mounted headlight for US deliveries? Or did they somehow work around that?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a long hard road for any and all comers.
The cyclops is still required in the US. They haven't gotten an exemption yet.
I think it's largely due to the lack of width in the Solo's case.

When I asked, Kroll did say that they're still working on improved styles for the center fixture.

Thank God.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EMV has also begun to deliver fleet vehicles.
They are still only averaging 4 to 10 units per month out of their small Vancouver facility.
There is an estimated 500 unit shipment due between now and September from their Chinese partner..
Here are two delivered to a hotel in Victoria, Canada. That's the Mayor of Victoria behind the wheel.

In that case, I'm enthralled! It makes me wonder what the back-log is, that is expectation of the wait-time?

This definitely has me considering if one would work for me financially. I have a 25mile drive into work and my employer already allows one EV to charge here, plus there is a spot I could use next to that.

Even with my PriusC I now pay $30/week in gas, $120/mo. The Solo would cost me maybe under $1 a day to charge at night, so $20 or so. I would just need to compare the monthly cost to borrow to buy it. With 100mile range, I could just charge it at work and save the $20. Thenthere is the cost to maintain my Prius vs the Solo.

So everything depends on the interest rate I could get. If I can get under 8% it gets closer to break-even. How much is it worth to me to have access to the diamond lane? And can I put up with all the questions? Do I dare show up at the local EV club meetings? LOL

However, even if I got a Solo, I would still buy my Elio's.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Electra Meccanica Completes First Production SOLO

VANCOUVER, July 11, 2018 –Electra Meccanica Vehicles Corp., a cutting-edge designer and manufacturer of electric vehicles, today announced that its single-passenger, all-electric SOLO rolled off the assembly line and has arrived in Vancouver, British Columbia. The new vehicle will now undergo rigorous consumer testing and verification in anticipation of commencing commercial manufacturing in September 2018 with the goal of delivering 5,000 SOLOs by September 2019.

“This is a hugely significant day for Electra Meccanica and our talented design, engineer and production teams,” said CEO Jerry Kroll. “This first SOLO will be extensively tested and delivered to its first customer, kicking off our efforts to begin delivering thousands of these cars to our patient reservation holders in September.”

The SOLO is priced at $15,500 USD, and interested consumers can place a fully-refundable $250 deposit by visiting EMVauto.com. A publicly held company, Electra Meccanica began trading on the OTCQB exchange and announced its application filing for NASDAQ Capital Markets listing last October.

zpE8wpM.jpg

About Electra Meccanica Vehicles Corp.:
Electra Meccanica is a designer and manufacturer of electric vehicles. The Company builds the innovative, all-electric SOLO, a single passenger vehicle developed to revolutionize the way people commute, as well as the Tofino, an elegant high-performance two seater electric roadster sports car. Both vehicles are tuned for the ultimate driving experience while making your commute more efficient, cost-effective and environmentally friendly.

Intermeccanica, a subsidiary of Electra Meccanica, has successfully been building high-end specialty cars for 59 years. The Electra Meccanica family is delivering next generation affordable electric vehicles to the masses.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
looks like 20 workers, and a bunch of office help, including sales and VP's.
I wonder how many actual working hours it took to build the one (and I see another on the left, and who knows how many others they have "in process")

Top Bottom