• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although, no longer a fan of this company, the announcement of the first real deal USA Solo Store Grand opening with a couple of test driveable SOLOWS setting on the showroom floor is good news for reservationists indeed. Very happy for the SOLO fan base.

No longer a fan?
What happened?
What did I miss?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it's worth qualifying this statement for those who aren't up to date on Meccanica.
This exchange was (I believe) from more than a year ago and air conditioning is not only available now...
It's a standard feature instead of the $1000 option that it was at one time. I can't speak to the demeanor of the CEO.
Meccanica did a 360 about the A/C a month or so after this exchange. To save confusion it's also worth noting...
That though it's not titled, the last reply in the image is Ricks. I remember this PR conflagration very well..
Don't have permission to look at the attached image...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't have permission to look at the attached image...
Sorry, for the confusion. I deleted my post/image. The reason I’m no longer a fan of the company and my SOLO #166 Signature Series Reservation cancellation really doesn’t matter. Regardless, enjoy your SOLO commutes.......Solitary Man......playing softly in the background. :)

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, for the confusion. I deleted my post/image. The reason I’m no longer a fan of the company and my SOLO #166 Signature Series Reservation cancellation really doesn’t matter. Regardless, enjoy your SOLO commutes.......Solitary Man......playing softly in the background. :)
Okily Dokily. No worries. I'm not a Solo enthusiast but have been tracking them because it's kind of interesting. Not for me, but interesting.

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Solo reminds me of the Corbin Motors Merlin that they tried to make.
438_p2_l.jpg

Corbin Concept Vehicles.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Solo reminds me of the Corbin Motors Merlin that they tried to make.
Corbin Concept Vehicles.

Yep, the single seat formula reoccurs every half dozen years or so. I have an image of something very much like the solo in my scrapbook from the 70's that was to be built in Vancouver BC. (looked very much like an Urba-Car) Hopefully the EV version of this will break the glass ceiling of a few hundred sales that these solo occupant vehicles run into. (Needs to beat the HMV Freeway results-700 in 3/4 years.)

The advantage that EV brings is justification for the price. IMHO, If they raise the price based on brisk sales, that will eventually terminate the product. If however, they improve the product or lower the price(or both) due to brisk sales, they have a chance to see blue sky and some longevity.

One other odd thing could happen, this is China supplied. Once production is set up, another brand name with the same hardware could easily be shipped out the back-door to other markets. The Chinese will at some point make a decision to stay under contract or go rogue.
Both a fail as well as vast success for the Solo could precipitate that decision. I suppose too, Meccanica could also consider licencing to other brands, which the Chinese often do themselves. This is where big-money very much controls the future of western products. Even doing a buy-out to simply squash the product. (been there, seen that) To squash a product like that in China you have to get the tooling out of their hands.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
years ago it was recommended by one of the moderators for those of us interested in three Wheelers-

"The A-Z of Three-Wheelers Adefinitive reference guide"
by Elvis Payne

no need for a scrapbook, this is a great reference (with great photos) Page 62- Corbin Motor Co

1999- Sparrow
Merlin/Roadster

Page 92
Elio Motors 2014

just for a giggle
across the fold
The 1911 Eric Sociable, 100bhp horizontal twin-cylinder, water cooled...."

Top Bottom