• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 23221
This is NOT going to make you folks happy! I pulled my reservation on the SOLO after seeing too many "clips of chips" and scratches in the rocker panels. It's just too low to the ground and won't survive the potholes, manholes and any other holes on the road. Plus, it doesn't qualify for the federal tax credit. So, while I'm waiting for the Sondors to take reservations, I put 149 Euros (refundable) down on a Uniti One, a four-wheeler that WILL qualify for the tax credit and will do about 300km (200 miles) on a charge.
Best of luck on your journey with Sondors and Uniti! How much is the projected price of UNITI 1? I stay away from getting into these crowdfunding schemes to raise money and then the waiting begins if they will ever make or not! Did you just test driven the SOLO? If so, you know they're the test mules which didn't have the final specs and it's used for test drives which explains the "clips of chips" and scratches you're describing. The production units are just coming out from EMV's China assembly plant to be delivered to their showroom in Los Angeles. Watch the 2019 SOLO video I posted (#1346) here on this thread and difference are night and day!

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Best of luck on your journey with Sondors and Uniti! But I refuse to get into these crowdfunding schemes to raise money and then the waiting begins if they will ever make or not! Did you just test driven the SOLO? If so, you know they're the test mules which didn't have the final specs and it's used for test drives which explains the "clips of chips" and scratches you're describing. The production units are just coming out from EMV's China assembly plant to be delivered to their showroom in Los Angeles. Watch the 2019 SOLO video I posted (#1346) here on this thread and difference are night and day!
The wait is nearly over for the 2 of us. We will be driving the SOLO & FUV three wheelers until something better comes along if that’s even possible. :) With that said, I’m braced for disappointment on the actual delivery date until it’s parked in my garage.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The wait is nearly over for the 2 of us. We will be driving the SOLO & FUV three wheelers until something better comes along if that’s even possible. :) With that said, I’m braced for disappointment on the actual delivery date until it’s parked in my garage.
This is by far the closest anyone can hope to get their hands on an affordable new EV 3wheeler after years of disappointment waiting for the ELIO. If we get deliveries of your FUV and my SOLO this year, be it 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter, I can almost guarantee as soon as my circle of friends and family sees it, they want to own one too. ( Unlike the ELIO, only my wife knows about my SOLO reservation....this time around, it's better to just SHOW it, than TELL about it ). ;)

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's an article about three wheelers. They even talk to Dominic Dobson who is a Solo rep in Portland (plus you can test drive a Solo).
https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/three-wheel-evs-motorcycles-work-like-cars/

Anyone in the Portland area who is getting an Elio, could test drive one and at least get the feel of an enclosed three wheeler where you sit in the center.
Caution: Try It, You might Like It! What’s even more important to the overall feel, than where you sit, is performance, handling, driver comfort, and how it fits.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is by far the closest anyone can hope to get their hands on an affordable new EV 3wheeler after years of disappointment waiting for the ELIO. If we get deliveries of your FUV and my SOLO this year, be it 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter, I can almost guarantee as soon as my circle of friends and family sees it, they want to own one too. ( Unlike the ELIO, only my wife knows about my SOLO reservation....this time around, it's better to just SHOW it, than TELL about it ). ;)
Your secret SOLO reservation is out because I’ve told a lot of people. :)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Caution: Try It, You might Like It! What’s even more important to the overall feel, than where you sit, is performance, handling, driver comfort, and how it fits.
Buy it like you're buying your shoes right Rickb? :D But I will only test drive the production version that have the finalized specs which makes more sense to me. So no rush at this point.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your secret SOLO reservation is out because I’ve told a lot of people. :)
LOL! Knowing about it and actually seeing me behind the wheel of the SOLO will still surprise them no doubt....specially if I pick up the red and wrap it with racing scheme on the hood! :car:
morgan-3-wheeler-17.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Buy it like you're buying your shoes right Rickb? :D But I will only test drive the production version that have the finalized specs which makes more sense to me. So no rush at this point.
That’s a good fit comparison! Over the years there have been many cars that peaked my interest with some disappointments after a test drive to insure fit. It makes good sense to wait and test drive the production model SOLO. All that have test driven the various Arcimoto Gen8 Series, said each got better and better. Can’t wait to see the reveal and test drive the retail production model. I plan on test driving the SOLO as well. If it’s as much fun to drive as the Arcimoto, I may forgo the FUV hardshell enclosure option and buy a SOLO as a supplement to the FUV..........a supplement to the supplement! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom