• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would be disappointed if ‘retail deliveries’ were being made out of order in which they were placed. The early supporters deserve their due respect. However, based on previous CEO, “my way or the highway” customer relations behavior, it’s not surprising. Lousy customer relations was the main reason I cancelled my White Hot SOLO #129 reservation due to lack of trust in EMV’s customer service should I experience a problem after taking delivery. With that said Dealerships may be easier to work with than EMV directly.
Did you get your FUV yet?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you get your FUV yet?
NO, delayed (6 weeks to date) due to validation re-testing (turn signals) to meet NHTSA certification equirements before retail production can begin. However, closer to delivery than my Elio. Hopefully, Elio has smoother sailing through their validation testing certiifcation process after sending multiple pre-production Elios to the private testing labs. It was a year long+ process for both Arcimoto and ElectraMecannica.

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would be disappointed if ‘retail deliveries’ were being made out of order in which they were placed. The early supporters deserve their due respect. However, based on previous CEO, “my way or the highway” customer relations behavior, it’s not surprising. Lousy customer relations was the main reason I cancelled my White Hot SOLO #129 reservation due to lack of trust in EMV’s customer service should I experience a problem after taking delivery. With that said Dealerships may be easier to work with than EMV directly.
I read that the Canadian orders are placed on hold due to the need for side air bags. This should speed up the American orders.

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read that the Canadian orders are placed on hold due to the need for side air bags. This should speed up the American orders.
What do you mean, "on hold"? The Solo has been on sale in the U.S.A. and Canada since September 9, 2016, according to the internet.
https://www.autoblog.com/2016/09/10/solo/
https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/electra-meccanica-solo-3-wheel-electric-car/
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/solo-electric-3-wheeler-goes-164901733.html

LOL

I'm assuming you're referring to the more recent article:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/dri...he-three-wheeled-canadian-ev-you-cant-buy-in/

The article sounded like an EMV ad, but the comments were hilarious.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wish I OWN a business....then I can OWN a SOLO! That's what EMV's catering right now. Poor reservation holders like us have to wait indefinitely for deliveries to arrive. :( And my poor CR-V's burning more oil right now....had to change oil weight but it's still good for another year or so.
Here's EMV's reply to me "Dear ______________, Steamworks is a customer here from BC. We are working on the SOLOs for the US market. We will keep you posted with the updates. Cheers."
Which I quickly replied "So can you guys shed some light as to what happened to the first few shipment of 2.0 production SOLOs? We start to think that maybe they are pre-production units that needs more work!". Also, a closer look of the units delivered to Steamworks was NOT 2.0's.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The SOLO 2.0 was and is worth the wait with all the refinements! Also, the unexpected certification testing delay on the FUV has led to improvements that make the wait worthwhile as well. If we are still waiting a month or two from now, my attitude may change regarding extended wait time. :)

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The SOLO 2.0 was and is worth the wait with all the refinements! Also, the unexpected certification testing delay on the FUV has led to improvements that make the wait worthwhile as well. If we are still waiting a month or two from now, my attitude may change regarding extended wait time. :)
Why not? After all these years, what's a few more months?

While I'm not near as confident in either Arcimoto or Meccanica as you are, I really hope you get your vehicle, especially with the non-refundable deposit on the line. We're all cheering for you.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'Can't argue that Rickb. I wish I had your #129 though! :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Samuel, Thanks! Months??????:) I do expect delivery of FUV#19 by mid September. My confidence level in Arcimoto is high after test driving the vehicle, touring the manufacturing plant, and meeting the people behind the startup business venture. I’m a realist and know crap happens. Frankly, if something happened on my end, I think they would refund the deposit. Also, Meccanica follows up on what they say with results and milestones met as well. I like the SOLO (haven’t test driven it), but don’t care much for the overall philosophy and attitude of the company. Meccannica has refunded deposits based on a negative comment by the reservationist, “if you don’t like it, take your money back!” :)

Top Bottom