1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Discussion in 'Similar Vehicles' started by RUCRAYZE, Nov 2, 2015.

1. RSchneider

RSchneider Elio Addict

Did you get your FUV yet?

2. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

NO, delayed (6 weeks to date) due to validation re-testing (turn signals) to meet NHTSA certification equirements before retail production can begin. However, closer to delivery than my Elio. Hopefully, Elio has smoother sailing through their validation testing certiifcation process after sending multiple pre-production Elios to the private testing labs. It was a year long+ process for both Arcimoto and ElectraMecannica.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    3wheelin likes this.
  3. Samalross

Samalross Elio Addict

I read that the Canadian orders are placed on hold due to the need for side air bags. This should speed up the American orders.

3wheelin likes this.
  4. Samuel Gompers

Samuel Gompers Elio Addict

What do you mean, "on hold"? The Solo has been on sale in the U.S.A. and Canada since September 9, 2016, according to the internet.
    https://www.autoblog.com/2016/09/10/solo/
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/electra-meccanica-solo-3-wheel-electric-car/
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/solo-electric-3-wheeler-goes-164901733.html

LOL

I'm assuming you're referring to the more recent article:
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/dri...he-three-wheeled-canadian-ev-you-cant-buy-in/

The article sounded like an EMV ad, but the comments were hilarious.

3wheelin likes this.
  5. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Here's EMV's reply to me "Dear ______________, Steamworks is a customer here from BC. We are working on the SOLOs for the US market. We will keep you posted with the updates. Cheers."
    Which I quickly replied "So can you guys shed some light as to what happened to the first few shipment of 2.0 production SOLOs? We start to think that maybe they are pre-production units that needs more work!". Also, a closer look of the units delivered to Steamworks was NOT 2.0's.

Rickb likes this.
  6. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

The SOLO 2.0 was and is worth the wait with all the refinements! Also, the unexpected certification testing delay on the FUV has led to improvements that make the wait worthwhile as well. If we are still waiting a month or two from now, my attitude may change regarding extended wait time. :)

3wheelin likes this.
  7. Samuel Gompers

Samuel Gompers Elio Addict

Why not? After all these years, what's a few more months?

While I'm not near as confident in either Arcimoto or Meccanica as you are, I really hope you get your vehicle, especially with the non-refundable deposit on the line. We're all cheering for you.

Rickb likes this.
  8. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    'Can't argue that Rickb. I wish I had your #129 though! :D

Rickb likes this.
  9. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

Samuel, Thanks! Months??????:) I do expect delivery of FUV#19 by mid September. My confidence level in Arcimoto is high after test driving the vehicle, touring the manufacturing plant, and meeting the people behind the startup business venture. I’m a realist and know crap happens. Frankly, if something happened on my end, I think they would refund the deposit. Also, Meccanica follows up on what they say with results and milestones met as well. I like the SOLO (haven’t test driven it), but don’t care much for the overall philosophy and attitude of the company. Meccannica has refunded deposits based on a negative comment by the reservationist, “if you don’t like it, take your money back!” :)

3wheelin likes this.
  10. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

Some days I wish I had held on to #129........I could have sold it to you for a big profit! :)

3wheelin likes this.