1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Discussion in 'Similar Vehicles' started by RUCRAYZE, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

"driving "With Traffic Flow" in the LRR."

What is LRR?

2. W. WIllie

W. WIllie Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    "Little Red Rocket"................Named by the Insight G1 crowd back in 2003..

3. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ahhh I C very fitting.

4. BeauS

BeauS Elio Fan

Hey just curious on how you feel about the attitude of the company and the philosophy? I was interested at one point, but it's $16,000. At that price, I'd just go buy a regular car.

5. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

BeauS, I requested my SOLO reservation refund way back, based on the CEO’s attitude and lack of customer relation skills that I felt would carry over to an after the sale scenario. Also, the SOLO is to low for my personal ingress/egress, driver comfort, and safety requirements. ElectraMeccanica missed production targets and currently in the process of redesigning the SOLO 2.0. The SOLO 3.0? Although, Arcimoto missed my anticipated Sept. delivery date due to certification re-testing (currently FMVSS Certified), I had the opportunity to take delivery of my reservation FUV ($19,900/A+ Customer Relations) early December, but decided to wait. I consider both the SOLO and FUV (ride alone or take a friend) supplements to my primary vehicle, not replacements. Money saved on the total cost to own will balance out the MSRP over time. IMO

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  6. BeauS

BeauS Elio Fan

Are you referring to Jerry Kroll? I got him on facebook. He's definitely engaging which is cool, but yeah he shoots down any recommendations, like additional seats or said I was getting ahead of myself in asking for a battery with better range.

I've never talked to Paul, his social media is outdated and I have no idea if he's engaging. He's just probably not a social media person. Joel seems pretty decent and engaging.

7. Elio Amazed

Elio Amazed Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Kroll stepped down months ago though he's still an owner and is still on the board.. They have a new CEO.

8. BeauS

BeauS Elio Fan

So the Solo is currently set at $16,000 correct? Isn't that a little high for a single passenger vehicle? I can buy my gf's car for about that price and fit four people in there.

That and i would have to put it on a charger overnight with how far i drive daily. I've heard there tax refunds but i found out at least here in Iowa they stopped that. I still like the $8000 price of the Elio, but even that is a long long ways away if it happens at all.