• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Production of the Solo will not begin until the first quarter of 2018! I will wait for my Elio. Three things, 1- 100 mile range, 2 -only 1 seat, 3- it costs twice as much as a Elio. I will wait.
What you said is all true! That's why I've decided to buy both!:D Solo for short trips, Elio for long trips!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We are all waiting on the enclosed three wheeler ICE or Electric that best meets our individual needs and budgets. Go three wheels! I don't care if it's the Solo, the SRK, or the Elio. I'll buy the first three wheeler that crosses the finish line to production. I'm to old and unwilling to wait any longer than necessary.
Way to go Rickb. Depending on how well the SOLO is received by the buying public, it will start a ripple effect on car manufacturers to follow the trend.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Way to go Rickb. Depending on how well the SOLO is received by the buying public, it will start a ripple effect on car manufacturers to follow the trend.
Let us know what your SIL Solo # is when you get it from EMV.
Are you taking advantage of the 'matching deposit' discount program?

Someone ordered theirs today and they have #526.
That's 349 reservations since my #177 on August 17th.

Last edited:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_2410.PNG
Except that Doug's almost a year off. Production of the Solo is scheduled to begin around mid-2017.
New reservations estimate first quarter of 2018!!!!!!!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 21255
New reservations estimate first quarter of 2018!!!!!!!
Your quote says it's for NEW reservations Doug. You said that production will not BEGIN until 1st Quarter 2018.
Production of the Solo will not begin until the first quarter of 2018!
As of today they have 526 reservations. So that means they anticipate approximately 526 finished Solos by the first quarter of 2018

I repeat... They are scheduled to BEGIN production mid-2017.

Last edited:
Top Bottom