• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you order one today, the estimated start of that solo will be the first quarter of 2018!!!!!!!
That is correct. #526 is not estimated to be DELIVERED until the 1st quarter of 2018.
But again, you made the general statement of "Production of the Solo will not begin until the first quarter of 2018!".

They're going to be producing from mid-2017, but are not going to ramp up to massive #s unitil 2018.

Slight difference in your two statements.

"We are nearing the end of our initial pre-production run of ten SOLOs, and have been sorting out the build procedures and, once complete, I am looking forward to making the first customer deliveries soon. If all goes to plan, we will begin delivering the first of our pre-orders locally, likely around the time of the Vancouver Auto Show which runs from March 28-April 2. Once we have a number of customer cars happily driving around the Vancouver area, we’ll start sending them further afield and out of the country. I’m happy to say that our US Compliance Certification continues to move along and we will announce the results in due time." - Jerry Kroll 02-08-17

http://electrameccanica.com/category/blog/

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let us know what your SIL Solo # is when you get it from EMV.
Are you taking advantage of the 'matching deposit' discount program?

Someone ordered theirs today and they have #526.
That's 349 reservations since my #177 on August 17th.
This is some serious toy...err ride. 0-60 in what, 8 seconds??

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's governed to that and to a top end of 82mph.

"The 0-100km/h run is claimed at eight seconds, on its way to a limited top speed of 130km/h –
though the company quotes a 220km/h capability." (That's a "capability" of 136.4mph)

http://www.caradvice.com.au/480013/electra-meccanica-solo-revealed/

"With the potential of going down to 1.9 seconds 0-60 miles per hour." - Jerry Kroll

"Our Advanced Performance Division is working hard on our amazing SOLO R race car for its upcoming debut in Silicon Valley. We’ll have a private test at one of my favourite race tracks, and provide video and details to you on the results of this first running. We’re targeting the third week of March for this, so brace yourself! Not only will it be fast, it’ll look amazing. That’s what racing is all about, right? We may even consider making the SOLO R race car available to select clients who have the appropriate racing license. Noisy race tracks are one of the biggest problems in the industry, and SOLO is the ultimate solution. Now let’s see if it can pass the cars that currently make up the grids!" - Jerry Kroll 02-08-17

Scott Hargrove has been hitting the track with the race Solo.

Last edited:

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is correct. #526 is not estimated to be DELIVERED until the 1st quarter of 2018.
But again, you made the general statement of "Production of the Solo will not begin until the first quarter of 2018!".

They're going to be producing from mid-2017, but are not going to ramp up to massive #s unitil 2018.

Slight difference of at least 6 months in your two statements.

"We are nearing the end of our initial pre-production run of ten SOLOs, and have been sorting out the build procedures and, once complete, I am looking forward to making the first customer deliveries soon. If all goes to plan, we will begin delivering the first of our pre-orders locally, likely around the time of the Vancouver Auto Show which runs from March 28-April 2. Once we have a number of customer cars happily driving around the Vancouver area, we’ll start sending them further afield and out of the country. I’m happy to say that our US Compliance Certification continues to move along and we will announce the results in due time." - Jerry Kroll 02-08-17

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Too bad Elio did not start out developement like the Solo. I always believed that the Elio should have been produced at a higher price, and lower volume. We would have been driving one my now.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Too bad Elio did not start out developement like the Solo. I always believed that the Elio should have been produced at a higher price, and lower volume. We would have been driving one my now.
We just went over that in a different thread. The is a reason for how EM is doing it vs. how the Solo is doing it.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's governed to that and to a top end of 82mph.

"The 0-100km/h run is claimed at eight seconds, on its way to a limited top speed of 130km/h –
though the company quotes a 220km/h capability." (That's a "capability" of 136.4mph)

http://www.caradvice.com.au/480013/electra-meccanica-solo-revealed/

"With the potential of going down to 1.9 seconds 0-60 miles per hour." - Jerry Kroll

"Our Advanced Performance Division is working hard on our amazing SOLO R race car for its upcoming debut in Silicon Valley. We’ll have a private test at one of my favourite race tracks, and provide video and details to you on the results of this first running. We’re targeting the third week of March for this, so brace yourself! Not only will it be fast, it’ll look amazing. That’s what racing is all about, right? We may even consider making the SOLO R race car available to select clients who have the appropriate racing license. Noisy race tracks are one of the biggest problems in the industry, and SOLO is the ultimate solution. Now let’s see if it can pass the cars that currently make up the grids!" - Jerry Kroll 02-08-17

Scott Hargrove has been hitting the track with the race Solo.

I like the fact that they engineered it with easy access to battery bay/s and that it can grow and accept higher capacity batteries for longer miles per charge when the need arises for the customer to upgrade. I'm really liking it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the Lime Green Solo R (Racer) scream around the test track event.
IMG_6518.JPG

Top Bottom