• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know you're a numbers man Rob. That should be accurate to within a 1/8th of an inch.
It's based on the published width dimensions. Hopefully the renderings are individually proportionate.
View attachment 21369
Dale, You are the man of the hour! I had them scaled individually, but was unsuccessful in getting them posted nose to nose.

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
yes it is expensive. This is why the Tesla model 3 will be worth the wait. The $7500 should be a direct credit, independent of tax liability so all could precipitate.
Depends on how long you wait (or waited). Tesla has over 400k reservations of their Model 3, and the $7,500 tax credit only applies to the first 200k vehicles the entire brand sells (so include all previous Roadster/Model S sales). Tesla doesn't release exact stats on how many have been produced, but many have said that expiration will be coming next year, and with that many cars already reserved, most have probably already missed out.

http://bgr.com/2016/02/12/tesla-model-3-price-7500-tax-credit-expire/
https://cleantechnica.com/2017/01/20/predicting-us-federal-ev-tax-credit-will-expire-tesla-buyers/

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fortunately for Tesla buyers, the credit is not structured such that vehicle 200,000 gets the credit, and vehicle 200,001 vehicle gets squat. It's set up so that the credit starts to phase out two quarters after the manufacturer sells vehicle #200k. So if Tesla sells the 200,000th vehicle on January 1, then everyone contiues to get the full credit until June 30. Then next two quarters get half credit, and the next two quarters get 25% credit. Here it is, clear as mud, from the IRS:

"... vehicle credit phases out for a manufacturer’s vehicles over the one-year period beginning with the second calendar quarter after the calendar quarter in which at least 200,000 qualifying vehicles manufactured by that manufacturer have been sold for use in the United States (determined on a cumulative basis for sales after December 31, 2009) (“phase-out period”). Qualifying vehicles manufactured by that manufacturer are eligible for 50 percent of the credit if acquired in the first two quarters of the phase-out period and 25 percent of the credit if acquired in the third or fourth quarter of the phase-out period."

q1: Sell the 200,001st vehicle, 100% credit
q2: 100% credit
q3: phase out starts, 50% credit
q4: 50% credit
q1: 25% credit
q2: 25% credit
q3: no credit

https://www.irs.gov/irb/2009-48_IRB/ar09.html#d0e2714

If Tesla played the system just right, they could deliver a LOT of vehicles in that two quarters before the credit expires, and a LOT more in the two quarters after that. That's an entire year worth of production, and the next half year still gets some credit, too.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Solo Motorcycle Parking:
IMG_6718.JPG

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Depends on how long you wait (or waited). Tesla has over 400k reservations of their Model 3, and the $7,500 tax credit only applies to the first 200k vehicles the entire brand sells (so include all previous Roadster/Model S sales). Tesla doesn't release exact stats on how many have been produced, but many have said that expiration will be coming next year, and with that many cars already reserved, most have probably already missed out.

http://bgr.com/2016/02/12/tesla-model-3-price-7500-tax-credit-expire/
https://cleantechnica.com/2017/01/20/predicting-us-federal-ev-tax-credit-will-expire-tesla-buyers/
Most of them reservation holders will probably shrug it off only because they are that much closer to owning a more affordable TESLA w/ sports car performance and 200+ mpgE. It's too bad for those who won't make the cut on tax incentive but hey, they're getting a TESLA for 1/3-1/4 the price of Model S or the X. (Elon Musk have to settle for the model 3 name instead of E as it'll spell SEX on all 3 models). But come on now, 3 backwards will still be E! Who is he trying to fool??? :D Anyhow, I would assume it'll be close to 40K + out the door - too pricey and too fancy for a retiree like me! And besides, I'm the kind of guy that gets really upset when I come back to my car with a scratch or ding on my side door.....so that's that! That's why I have not owned a brand new car since 1999. :D

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fortunately for Tesla buyers, the credit is not structured such that vehicle 200,000 gets the credit, and vehicle 200,001 vehicle gets squat. It's set up so that the credit starts to phase out two quarters after the manufacturer sells vehicle #200k. So if Tesla sells the 200,000th vehicle on January 1, then everyone contiues to get the full credit until June 30. Then next two quarters get half credit, and the next two quarters get 25% credit. Here it is, clear as mud, from the IRS:

"... vehicle credit phases out for a manufacturer’s vehicles over the one-year period beginning with the second calendar quarter after the calendar quarter in which at least 200,000 qualifying vehicles manufactured by that manufacturer have been sold for use in the United States (determined on a cumulative basis for sales after December 31, 2009) (“phase-out period”). Qualifying vehicles manufactured by that manufacturer are eligible for 50 percent of the credit if acquired in the first two quarters of the phase-out period and 25 percent of the credit if acquired in the third or fourth quarter of the phase-out period."

q1: Sell the 200,001st vehicle, 100% credit
q2: 100% credit
q3: phase out starts, 50% credit
q4: 50% credit
q1: 25% credit
q2: 25% credit
q3: no credit

https://www.irs.gov/irb/2009-48_IRB/ar09.html#d0e2714

If Tesla played the system just right, they could deliver a LOT of vehicles in that two quarters before the credit expires, and a LOT more in the two quarters after that. That's an entire year worth of production, and the next half year still gets some credit, too.
I'm happy for those that reserved one because it's gonna happen and soon. I've seen last year's video of the reveal posted on here and Tesla's mega factory/assembly (the biggest) is already operational. Enjoy your spoils fellas!

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just saw the Electra M banner add on ElioOwners, and clicked on it.
Filled out the " Honor Deposit Program".
I wish it had 2 seats, here's hoping they have a 2 seat option by my time.
Although there may be a possibility that since the rear trunk and passenger compartment are interconnected, that may be enough room for at least my 40lb doggy.
Waiting on an e-mail now.
Que Sera Sera

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a Solo Twinn Concept on the drawing board, but that would likely follow public acceptance of the Solo and or any other three wheeler commuter concept. Since 80% of drivers commute alone the single seater is the logical EMV target market for now. Congrats on the risk free reservation!

IMG_3690.JPG

Booboo, There is a video of a guy loading the rear hatch and the frunk after a COSTCO run. Perhaps it would give you an idea whether or not your dog would fit. He packed a lot of stuff in that rear cargo space. This photo shows opening between the seat and cargo space, but it looks like your dog would likely have to sit during your drive.
IMG_6816.PNG

Last edited:
Top Bottom