• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't show driving through curves though.
EMV track test video of the SOLO and SOLO R doing slalom maneuvers. The suspension looks fine tuned and both SOLOs look to have quick and stabile maneuvering.

Lots of actual track testing has been done on the SOLO testing the various systems. Also, 1000's of miles on pre-production production SOLOs used in every day driving situations. There are 10+ preproduction SOLOs that have been or are in the process of being tested.

Last edited:

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BUT........Where is the indication of SPEED (MPH) through the slaoms? sp.
10-1......... NOT stock suspension on the RACER.
Good video though.
I'll believe when I see them on the USA roads, just like the ELIO.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NOT stock suspension on the RACER.
Yep. Notice how much lower the racer sits compared to the white Solo.

And... EMV is saying that they'll complete US compliance certification before Canadian compliance certification.
They've recently said that after a couple of minor required modifications, the US compliance certification is almost done.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BUT........Where is the indication of SPEED (MPH) through the slaoms? sp.
10-1......... NOT stock suspension on the RACER.
Good video though.
I'll believe when I see them on the USA roads, just like the ELIO.
Could be the stock suspension on the SOLO R. The SOLOs suspension is tunable and the ground clearance is height adjustable. What isn't stock in the R is the added motor, racing slick tires, gauges, and safety roll cage.

The speed during the track testing was fast enough to validate the suspension And handling on both SOLOs. I'm impressed to see any enclosed three wheeler on the test track and to be provided with a test drive opportunity. The SOLO production is imminent.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Raven Black Solo. Sweet!
IMG_7313.JPG

Top Bottom