• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's old news; Rickb told us about it months ago.

And you thought it would be enough to rattle someone? :p Weak, really weak.

in SIMPLE terms: "If you build it, they will come." All Elio reservation holders are welcome to a SOLO in 2017. If you aren't interested, and you want to hold out for Elio, however long that may be, that's fine also.

post edited to remove personal insults

Last edited by a moderator:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Compare Elio stock % change to Tesla stock for yourself since Tuesday night!!! Traditional energy is back and the cutting edge ICE engines it fuels are the new winners. Being a contrarian with the IAV Uber efficient ICE was Elio Motors winning strategy...EVElio as a powerplant alternative with sales in line with EVs in general...which haven't been more than 5% ever I believe...who has the financial resources for electric toys with limited applications and expiring tax credits!!! At least an EVElio should surpass all in range due primarily to weight advantage and secondly to aerodynamics. All for less than $10,000?!

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are comparing Elio Motors stock to Tesla Motors stock? That's like comparing open for business Tesla Stores to the future opening of anticipated Elio Stores. Different vehicles for different market demographics, different business models, and one has a product to sell.
They say, "Once you go electric, you never go back!" I'm going to test that with an open, but critical mind in the near future.

Note: I am not a current stock holder or plan to invest in either company. Too risky for this old retiree. Perhaps a future customer of both.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I received the deposit credit from Electra Meccania and look forward to the Solo next year, Elio year after?
Electric MC credit is max $2500 or 10% of MSRP
Congrats on your no money out of pocket reservation and Elio deposit credit on the 2017 Solo! I agree the Elio will likely follow in 2018 with the amount of funding needed and the work still required of the Elio Team to start production. Progress on both fronts. I hope the electric MC tax credit is renewed for our 2017 Solo purchase, if not still a very affordable FUNctional EV option.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Forget all EV credits...not going to happen...$14,000 for you, $15,000 for the rest of us...and a new $6,000 battery pack after 5 year warranty... maybe it will fail after 5 & 1/2 years? Budget for Canadian Solo versus my typical '03 Toyota with 208,000 miles and only oil changes and spark plugs since 192,000 miles...$5900 difference minus gas plus utilities on Solo. One WILL need a new battery pack within 5-10 years (wait on Tesla to get it right and cheap)...hardly an affordable choice for all but the top 10%...let alone the 1%...go Elio...go USA...don't go broke on Canadian toys from Vancouver...automecca is located in Detroit, Michigan, USA!!!

political commentary removed

Last edited:

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Forget all EV credits...not going to happen...$14,000 for you, $15,000 for the rest of us...and a new $6,000 battery pack after 5 year warranty... maybe it will fail after 5 & 1/2 years? Budget for Canadian Solo versus my typical '03 Toyota with 208,000 miles and only oil changes and spark plugs since 192,000 miles...$5900 difference minus gas plus utilities on Solo. One WILL need a new battery pack within 5-10 years (wait on Tesla to get it right and cheap)...hardly an affordable choice for all but the top 10%...let alone the 1%...go Elio...go USA...don't go broke on Canadian toys from Vancouver...automecca is located in Detroit, Michigan, USA!!!

political commentary removed
Good that we all have different budgets and interests. I think the Solo and the Elio will be a lot of fun.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They say, "Once you go electric, you never go back!" I'm going to test that with an open, but critical mind in the near future...

Except for my future Elio, I would like to go all-electric. Seriously looking at picking up either another Leaf or perhaps a Chevy Spark EV. It's an all-electric version of the gas-powered Chevy Spark, that was sold only to the California and Oregon markets as a compliance car. I've seen 2014's going for under $8,000 in California, so even after shipping it up here it would be pretty inexpensive.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom