• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My money is on the EMV Solo 1st, Arcimoto's SRK 2nd, Elio 3rd, and Sondor's 4th..........since Sondor's is only a CAD rendering at this point in time.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That seems reasonable, but the question I want the answer to is which will be the first to deliver 100k vehicles?
Likely EMV will win that race. EMV's Chinese Motorcycle manufacturing partner ( Harley Davidson's partner as well) is ready to manufacture 1000's of Solos for the worldwide market. I believe EMV stated earlier that there is currently over 30,000 pre-orders for the China market alone.

I'm more interested to see if the first one proves USA market acceptance of a three wheeler commuter making it easier for the others to secure funding.

luckylu15

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Likely EMV will win that race. EMV's Chinese Motorcycle manufacturing partner ( Harley Davidson's partner as well) is ready to manufacture 1000's of Solos for the worldwide market. I believe EMV stated earlier that there is currently over 30,000 pre-orders for the China market alone.

I'm more interested to see if the first one proves USA market acceptance of a three wheeler commuter making it easier for the others to secure funding.
Very disappointed from chat. First Jerry seemed excited to say 2 deliveries then 4 then 8 then maybe they could produce 16 a month. I guess at #391 that puts me several years away! He also said if you know of a place that they can manufacture let him know? Then I asked if the deliveries were on schedule an he said that their is no schedule. That's funny because in his order letter to me he said delivery in Q3 2017 just like on his web site. Then lastly he said there will be no A/C in the first Solos and that you should just roll down your windows. That may work in Canada but as a commuter vehicle in the U.S. 80% of the country has a hot or humid summer, not fun with your suit on going to work, if I wanted another motorcycle I would of bought one! No ABS, no regen, no air bag, and no air. Sounds like Fred Flinstones car.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jerry indicated that he wants to have between a hundred and four hundred on the road by the end of the year.
I think he simply doesn't want to overpromise and underdeliver like others have.
A/C will not be on the VERY first signature models. I don't think I'll have any problem getting it on #177.
I'm not buying any vehicle w/o A/C at this point in my life.

Jerry also discussed and indicated more than once in the conference that the Solo has had mild regen all along.
I don't remember him ever specifically saying that the Solo didn't or wouldn't have regen.

He did say that the early Solos will not have ABS,
But he's only ever expressed a negative opinion about the overall benefits of regen, not that it wasn't there.
That coincides with Seth saying that almost all EV controllers have regen built into them.

I think we've had good reason to look for the negative in the past and have been well trained in the art of doing so. ;).

I'm apologize for the technical issues that some of you experienced with the conference.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Live chats and progress reporting (EMV Solo) are bad for business in the sense that we all apparently heard Kroll's responses to questions differently and then report our speculative take and misinformation to others.

Best to wait until validation testing is complete, vehicle specifications are finalized, and positioned to announce the production start. EMV: Under-promise, over- deliver.

Last edited:

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My money is on the EMV Solo 1st, Arcimoto's SRK 2nd, Elio 3rd, and Sondor's 4th..........since Sondor's is only a CAD rendering at this point in time.
Don't sell Storm short, once he sets his mind to something, he seems to get it done !!!

That seems reasonable, but the question I want the answer to is which will be the first to deliver 100k vehicles?
I just want to know who's going to deliver mine first !!!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't sell Storm short, once he sets his mind to something, he seems to get it done !!!

I just want to know who's going to deliver mine first !!!
I'm not selling Storm's vision, determination, and proven success short. He could be the first to reach production, however, an enclosed three wheeler development process is a little more complex and time consuming with required prototyping, testing, validation, and compliance certification than getting an electric bike to production.

Top Bottom