• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, Sharp as Hell! I was looking at the Canadian MSRP..........$37K USD will generate some USA sales for that class of vehicle!
$37K minus federal tax credit of $7500 and NYState credit of $2000. I am sure this will have regeneration and ABS, time to switch deposits?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$37K minus federal tax credit of $7500 and NYState credit of $2000. I am sure this will have regeneration and ABS, time to switch deposits?

I wouldn't consider switching deposits. The Tofino is a car and I am looking forward to buying my first motorcycle. Oh, Oh, my Mazda Miata loving wife just caught glimpse of the sporty looking Tofino Roadster.

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the time being, the Electric Car rebate program is still in place. Of course the current administration may decide to pull the plug on it, but that will take more than mere administrative action at this point; it would take a work of congress to repeal the program. I would bet that the rebate program will still be around at least through 2018.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the time being, the Electric Car rebate program is still in place. Of course the current administration may decide to pull the plug on it, but that will take more than mere administrative action at this point; it would take a work of congress to repeal the program. I would bet that the rebate program will still be around at least through 2018.
Hey Seth, I got a first "sighting" (not UFO) of the new Chevy BOLT just whizzed by me and it was good looking, and quiet! I wonder how much will it depreciate in a year's time so I can buy one used. It'll be at least 40 grand new out the door plus another 1k for installation of 220v home charging system. Not the kind of money I can afford. I'll be happy driving the SOLO while waiting for the ELIO. Win-win. :D

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Seth, I got a first "sighting" (not UFO) of the new Chevy BOLT just whizzed by me and it was good looking, and quiet! I wonder how much will it depreciate in a year's time so I can buy one used. It'll be at least 40 grand new out the door plus another 1k for installation of 220v home charging system. Not the kind of money I can afford. I'll be happy driving the SOLO while waiting for the ELIO. Win-win. :D

A 240v charger wouldn't be *required*, but it would be a good idea for a long range EV like the Bolt. All told, mine cost $640 to purchase/install. ($500+free shipping from amazon for the station, and $140 to install the 240v socket in the wall).

My wife really loves her Leaf, so we're probably going to upgrade to a used 2018 Leaf around 2021. Otherwise, I'd get a used Bolt too! (Full details on the 2018 Leaf will be released by September, but it is expected to have two battery options; a 140 mile range or 200 mile range)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
A 240v charger wouldn't be *required*, but it would be a good idea for a long range EV like the Bolt. All told, mine cost $640 to purchase/install. ($500+free shipping from amazon for the station, and $140 to install the 240v socket in the wall).
So the electrician did come out and do that socket for you? Very cool! How did it go? Not too difficult I hope.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After watching him do it, I realized that I was right from the start and that it was a super easy process. In the future I will install my own sockets :) My panic at the unkempt appearance of the electrical box was entirely unfounded, and in WA you don't need an inspection for adding new sockets, just for the initial installation of the electrical box itself.

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like no ABS or Regeneration, or air bags on the SOLO. Look like the Model 3 is the next electric vehicle for all of us.....

Top Bottom