• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know it's probably the wrong way to look at it...
But I'm launching a new business to business venture.
It entails going door to door to businesses throughout my area.

I can't help but think that pulling up in the Solo will break the ice and even help to close with a lot of clients.

That considered, the damn thing might just pay for itself. Of course the same goes for the Elio if I ever have the opportunity.

The thought just occurred to me that I should consider branding them like the white Solo #1. :D

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It may not be so good for our Canadian brethren though.
November is a long way from April. Even though there was never a Solo SIL program as such...
It sounds like some of us in the US just got bumped up a bit. We have one Canadian member that holds the Solo #10 reservation.
Wow! Could it really happen that EMV will be shipping out their first batch/s of the SOLO to US customers first before the Canadians??

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I can't help but think that pulling up in the Solo will break the ice and even help to close with a lot of clients.

That considered, the damn thing might just pay for itself. Of course the same goes for the Elio if I ever have the opportunity.

The thought just occurred to me that I should consider branding them like the white Solo #1. :D
Anyway you want to use it Elio Amazed! It's yours, and no doubt it'll definitely turn heads, attract attention, help your business and get you in trouble with your wife! :D So be careful out there! ;)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Could it really happen that EMV will be shipping out their first batch/s of the SOLO to US customers first before the Canadians??
Apparently several (10-20) EMV built Sparrows have already been sold and licensed in Canada. I'm not sure if compliance is an issue for Canadian reservationists. However, Compliance is required for USA sales.

I read in a recent Canadian Vancouver Autoshow news article that the Solo has just been approved for sales in the USA. I would think EMV will verify that soon.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Sounds like you plan to be an EMV fleet sales customer!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure if compliance is an issue for Canadian reservationists.
My guess is that Myers and EMV Sparrows were considered covered by the same compliance certification as the Corbins. Just a guess.
Sounds like you plan to be an EMV fleet sales customer!
Well... I meant "like" the white #1, but with my business information. :D
But hey, It might just work out that way. When it happens I'll have a talk with Jerry.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My guess is that Myers and EMV Sparrows were considered covered by the same compliance certification as the Corbins. Just a guess.

Well... I meant "like" the white #1, but with my business information. :D
But hey, It might just work out that way. When it happens I'll have a talk with Jerry.
The Corbin Sparrow was US Compliance Certified back in '03. I don't believe Meyer Motors completed an NMG Build (could be wrong CBW). However, I doubt the initial EMV Sparrow Builds (Solo prototypes) were Canadian crash test certified. Regardless, the progress is Solo Amazing.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Since 2006, Myers Motors has sold about 50 of the three-wheeled NmG models, which measure 52 inches wide by 114 inches long."
http://articles.courant.com/2011-04...corbin-motors-electric-vehicle-chevrolet-volt

"The Sparrow passed final testing for Department of Transportation certification in April 1999."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers_Motors

You're probably right about Sparrow Canadian crash testing and certification. The handful of vehicles that may have made it into Canada were likely considered imports, if not used imports. Compliance was probably up to some combination of Customs, local government offices and local inspection mechanics on an individual basis, much like it would be for a model that would be only occasionally imported here. In such small #s, Canada may have even "certified" the twenty or less EMV sparrows that made it into Canadian customers hands on that basis without the expensive and drawn-out testing. It would be a good question for someone to ask J.K.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Since 2006, Myers Motors has sold about 50 of the three-wheeled NmG models, which measure 52 inches wide by 114 inches long."
http://articles.courant.com/2011-04...corbin-motors-electric-vehicle-chevrolet-volt
Dale, Thanks for that link. My recollection of Myers was the redesigned 2-seater. Yes, the NmG was the Corbin Sparrow platform electrified. Mike Corbin deserves some credit for giving Myers Motors and EMV a USA compliant certified vehicle platform used to kick-off their startup car companies.
IMG_7056.JPG IMG_7062.JPG

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dale, Thanks for that link. My recollection of Myers was the redesigned 2-seater. Yes, the NmG was the Corbin Sparrow platform electrified. Mike Corbin deserves some credit for giving Myers Motors and EMV a USA compliant certified vehicle platform used to kick-off their startup car companies.
View attachment 21470 View attachment 21471
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck... It's probably a Sparrow.

Top Bottom