• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In Arizona, ABS is a requirement to qualify as an autocycle. I would need to get a MC license to drive a Solo unless they add it.
You may just have to wait until EMV add it in their later models because that's just a lot of hassles getting MC license and/or wear a helmet.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In Arizona, ABS is a requirement to qualify as an autocycle. I would need to get a MC license to drive a Solo unless they add it.
It's still up in the air for the 1000 Signature series vehicles, but J.K. did allude to future Solos having ABS and likely regen.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather have air conditioning instead of an additional door. Actually, I'd be more interested in buying one with zero doors and no AC at half the price.
Just wait and buy the ELIO then, at least you get one door, A/C, ABS, etc. for the price you're looking for in a SOLO.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather have air conditioning instead of an additional door. Actually, I'd be more interested in buying one with zero doors and no AC at half the price.
No A/C in Phoenix? Again, J.K. is talking about making A/C and heated seats standard instead of add-on $ options.
Will that make it in time for the signature series? Who knows. But I'll wager that after #1000 we'll at least see ABS and free Air if not more.

You guys may want to ask J.K. himself.
Join the online meeting with us on Monday April 3rd @ 9pm EDT.
I'll post the link and # to the online conference meeting a few days before.
It's also listed on my site. The meetings are open to everyone.

Last edited:

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
slinches said:
Actually, I'd be more interested in buying one with zero doors and no AC at half the price.
No A/C in Phoenix? Again, J.K. is talking about making A/C and heated seats standard instead of add-on $ options.
Well, AC wouldn't be all that effective if there were no doors. But 3wheelin pointed out what I was alluding to. If they can produce the Elio, the difference in value for the dollar is incredible. Not knocking the Solo on that really, the higher price is primarily driven by the choice of a battery electric drivetrain. Added features that improve the saleability are probably beneficial for the adoption of the Solo even if they add a bit to the production costs since it will help give a premium feel to justify the price. It just doesn't help me get a cheaper way to get to and from work every day.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, AC wouldn't be all that effective if there were no doors. But 3wheelin pointed out what I was alluding to. If they can produce the Elio, the difference in value for the dollar is incredible. Not knocking the Solo on that really, the higher price is primarily driven by the choice of a battery electric drivetrain. Added features that improve the saleability are probably beneficial for the adoption of the Solo even if they add a bit to the production costs since it will help give a premium feel to justify the price. It just doesn't help me get a cheaper way to get to and from work every day.
We can all agree that pound for pound the best deal is the ELIO! No arguing that. The SOLO to me have a more realistic price that have a better than average chance of seeing production. It's not for everyone, it's electric and has it's limitations (range). But it also works for a lot of people that does not have to drive so far anymore. That includes me that's why I used one of my ELIO reservations receipt for a spot in line for the SOLO. I have another want in for $100 just in case the ELIO finds the money it needs to go full throttle to production. ;)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We can all agree that pound for pound the best deal is the ELIO! No arguing that. The SOLO to me have a more realistic price that have a better than average chance of seeing production. It's not for everyone, it's electric and has it's limitations (range). But it also works for a lot of people that does not have to drive so far anymore. That includes me that's why I used one of my ELIO reservations receipt for a spot in line for the SOLO. I have another want in for $100 just in case the ELIO finds the money it needs to go full throttle to production. ;)
You still have both of your Elio reservations if you want to use them. :)

Top Bottom