• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electra Meccanica (three Wheel Electric) Email-11/2/15

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know it's probably the wrong way to look at it...
But I'm launching a new business to business venture.
It entails going door to door to businesses throughout my area.

I can't help but think that pulling up in the Solo will break the ice and even help to close with a lot of clients.

That considered, the damn thing might just pay for itself. Of course the same goes for the Elio if I ever have the opportunity.

The thought just occurred to me that I should consider branding them like the white Solo #1. :D
I think that it would be very good marketing. Geek Squad using Beetles raised their visibility

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Tofino Reveal...

EMV said to tune in to Facebook live on their page at 6:00.

"Designed by a world-class development team, its good looks are matched by spirited and powerful performance.
The long range electric drive will take you wherever you want to go in exceptional comfort and style.
It's craftsmanship with nostalgic, yet evolutionary design.

The Tofino combines more than fifty years of classic car manufacturing expertise with the advanced, environmentally-friendly technology of the modern day.
With enough storage space for a weekend getaway, or cruising down the coast, the Electra Meccanica Tofino is the perfect choice for your next road trip, rain or shine.

Join us today at 6 P.M. PST at the Vancouver International Autoshow, or on Facebook Live for the official Tofino announcement...
by lead designer Henry Reisner and Electra Meccanica CEO Jerry Kroll."

solotofino.jpg

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Tofino Reveal...

EMV said to tune in to Facebook live on their page at 6:00.

"Designed by a world-class development team, its good looks are matched by spirited and powerful performance.
The long range electric drive will take you wherever you want to go in exceptional comfort and style.
It's craftsmanship with nostalgic, yet evolutionary design.

The Tofino combines more than fifty years of classic car manufacturing expertise with the advanced, environmentally-friendly technology of the modern day.
With enough storage space for a weekend getaway, or cruising down the coast, the Electra Meccanica Tofino is the perfect choice for your next road trip, rain or shine.

Join us today at 6 P.M. PST at the Vancouver International Autoshow, or on Facebook Live for the official Tofino announcement...
by lead designer Henry Reisner and Electra Meccanica CEO Jerry Kroll."

View attachment 21481
So far so good for EMV! Ok, so I like the Tofino but it's too expensive. How about the SOLO R, I don't think I've read anywhere yet what's the specs are and how much???

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So far so good for EMV! Ok, so I like the Tofino but it's too expensive. How about the SOLO R, I don't think I've read anywhere yet what's the specs are and how much???
From the information I've had thus far, the Solo R is EMV's toy and is not intended for commercial sales.
However, other things have changed down this road, and it seems that we should not rule anything out with these people.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Tofino is a sweet looking little 2 seater convertible Sportster, but a high priced 2-seater. I would rather spend $35K on the more functional Tesla Model 3.

I read the Solo R may be available, but the R's 137 mph top speed requires professional race car driver certification testing to make a reservation. The affordable Solo is fast enough to meet my needs.

I like the fact EMV is expanding model options rather than counting on a single model to determine market success. Visionary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom