• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Electric Drive?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought this new battery product line was interesting. It's not just conjecture at this point....

https://newatlas.com/nawa-technologies-carbon-ultra-capacitor/54972/

It does make me wonder if such high rate amps are flowing just under your seat, if it wouldn't fry your nuts, err ovaries(or whatever) .. lol.
There's the Maglev trains and who knows what is going on under the seat. I took the Shanghai Maglev twice last year. I only did it because it was on my bucket list (there are much cheaper ways to get around). With it being in China and Maglev, I seriously doubt they care if it fries peoples nuts.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought this new battery product line was interesting. It's not just conjecture at this point....

https://newatlas.com/nawa-technologies-carbon-ultra-capacitor/54972/

It does make me wonder if such high rate amps are flowing just under your seat, if it wouldn't fry your nuts, err ovaries(or whatever) .. lol.

Capacitors (or ultra caps as the marketing teams love to shove down our throats), are likely the next step in electrification of the transportation sector.
The fast charging would really end any excuses to stay ICE.
There ARE some technical concerns. Caps will discharge immediately and completely. So safety protocols need to be developed or polished.
For instance, make an automatic discharge after a 3G+ impact or manual kill switch.
Charging amps will be MUCH higher, requiring interesting plug solutions or multiple plug options.

An industrial capacitor for transportation IS exciting! Let's see if this one pans out.

(don't get me started on electrical grid stabilization usage for these caps... my mind is all a flutter!!)

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This was such a good idea I didn't recognize it as my own.
Go to New Mexico and you'll see lots of houses that did that back in the late 70's. I worked for a company where we designed a system and it worked great. It doesn't work great if you live in a place where you don't get lots of sun and low in altitude.

Top Bottom