• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elgin Dash Got Nixed

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think $78 is extremely reasonable for carpet. I'd probably have at least $40 invested in a remnant plus the cost of the glue.
And then I'd have to spend at least one, if not two, long afternoons carefully cutting and installing it.
Wasn't the option advertised for more (like $148) at one point in time?

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still like my scenario:
  • Ford and GM join to buy Elio Motors.
  • Paul Elio remains CEO of Elio Motors and gets a very big pay raise.
  • Ford and GM share the carbon credits.
  • President Trump is happy: one American car company helping two other American car companies.
  • We can get our Elios serviced at any Ford or Chevy dealership in the country.
  • Everyone lives happily ever after.

....And the "base sticker price" jumps to $14,995. :flame:

And by year 2 Paul is replaced. By year 4, the EM brand is discontinued due to quality issues.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still like my scenario:
  • Ford and GM join to buy Elio Motors.
  • Paul Elio remains CEO of Elio Motors and gets a very big pay raise.
  • Ford and GM share the carbon credits.
  • President Trump is happy: one American car company helping two other American car companies.
  • We can get our Elios serviced at any Ford or Chevy dealership in the country.
  • Everyone lives happily ever after.
I have to give you an "A" for imagination.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio dash looks good but just offering an option for the Elgin dash should be offered. Just give the people a choice even if it's an upcharge. I'd be willing to pay a few extra dollars for it. Plus, if only a few get the Elgin dash, it will just increase the value of your Elio down the road as it will be a rare option.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather EM learn how to start being a bit more financially responsible than adding yet another offshoot development tangent like...
"A handful of our customers might like it if we were to sink a boat load of resources into developing and producing a handful of Elgins".

So in spending money and time they don't have, when they don't even have a finished pre-production prototype or real-world stats...
They'll possibly delay production even longer. But then they'll be able to theoretically offer Elgins that cost them $500 each...
At a loss to themselves but for a price that said handful of customers will probably consider to be reasonable.

Pretty much sum it up?

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about custom floor mats
with the Elio Logo? Optional
of course. http://www.weathertech.com/products/?gclid=CP6s7JXritICFU5cfgod19QHeQ
I actually asked WeatherTech if they had a bead on the new Elio and asked if they considered offering floormats as an option for when the vehicle gets built so buyers could select WeatherTech when they order. The response was basically that they only make mats for currently produced vehicles. I was bummed.

-EDIT: I see I wasn't the only one to contact WeatherTech.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather EM learn how to start being a bit more financially responsible than adding yet another offshoot development tangent like...
I totally agree. I was willing to give the Elgin dash a try, but if they're not going to make it standard, then it just needs to be shelved until *after* they start delivering vehicles. Maybe for Elio v2 they can offer a "limited edition commemorative dash"or something. But I bet it would be damn expensive.

Top Bottom