• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elgin Dash Got Nixed

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still like my scenario:
  • Ford and GM join to buy Elio Motors.
  • Paul Elio remains CEO of Elio Motors and gets a very big pay raise.
  • Ford and GM share the carbon credits.
  • President Trump is happy: one American car company helping two other American car companies.
  • We can get our Elios serviced at any Ford or Chevy dealership in the country.
  • Everyone lives happily ever after.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still like my scenario:
  • Ford and GM join to buy Elio Motors.
  • Paul Elio remains CEO of Elio Motors and gets a very big pay raise.
  • Ford and GM share the carbon credits.
  • President Trump is happy: one American car company helping two other American car companies.
  • We can get our Elios serviced at any Ford or Chevy dealership in the country.
  • Everyone lives happily ever after.
Why join up ?
Any of the big guys by themselves could easily make Elio dreams come true. It would not even have to be a car company, the world is flush with cash, just not flush with wisdom, foresight, and Elio enthusiasm...yet .

" General Motors (NYSE:GM) had $21.6 billion in cash as of December 31, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (NYSE:FCAU) had $18.4 billion, Honda Motor (NYSE:HMC) had $15 billion -- you get the idea. "
https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/02/12/youll-be-surprised-at-the-size-of-ford-motor-compa.aspx

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a reason for GM and Ford to join together in something like this. To get carbon credits from a motorcycle, the US government must create the autocycle classification and then allow autocycles to join in carbon credits. If one company tried to do this on their own, the other company would block them in the US government. If both Ford and GM joined together on this, neither has an advantage over the other and the combined lobbying power of both would make it happen easily.

PS: Paul Elio would remain CEO because he does have the wisdom, foresight, and enthusiasm. The other companies would recognize this and leave him in charge. Also, EM becomes the testing ground for new features before the other big companies offers them

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1-pb170181-1-jpg.12089

Will we be getting an Elio emblem in the middle of the floor or is this just for the tours?
Better than the Elgin dash.
I would guess it's just for the tour models since carpet is an option and they are trying to keep the price as low as possible. Logo in the carpet equals more cost. On Elio's site, the carpet option is only $78.00. I plan on getting that for sure, but at that price I don't expect a logo in it.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would guess it's just for the tour models since carpet is an option and they are trying to keep the price as low as possible. Logo in the carpet equals more cost. On Elio's site, the carpet option is only $78.00. I plan on getting that for sure, but at that price I don't expect a logo in it.
I will not be getting carpet in mine, but I wonder if it is a good idea of Elio Motors to make carpeting optional.

I hope the general public will not view the vehicle as "cheesy" by not having carpeting as standard.

Top Bottom