• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elgin Poll Reality Check

How much extra if at all would you pay for different instruments

• Nothing. OK as is.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • Up to $300

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Up to $600

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Up to $900

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Up to $1200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over $1200

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A volt-gage can tell you a couple more trouble shooting things that a light can't, but point conceded.
For one, if the needle dances at idle, that can say that half the rectifier diode group (inside the regulator module) is out. On the average that is important only once every few years.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The P4 had the dash from the Geo, which is an analog non-Elgin dash.
Since I'm not familiar with the P4 (I just got into Elio in February after the P5 was out) is this the P4 Geo dash? It's odd editing since it shows the P5 exterior shots.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I'm not familiar with the P4 (I just got into Elio in February after the P5 was out) is this the P4 Geo dash? It's odd editing since it shows the P5 exterior shots.
Yup; if you look, the dash panels are orange; and I remember the picture; it's a Silas Sunday Photoshop picture; he did a few of those with different forward views. That was just done in his editing.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Bait and switch.
Nope; they have stated all along, that the Elio would roll out with the Elgin dash even though the P4, P3 both had an analog dash. I don't know what the P2 had for a dash; I never saw it in person.
They did carry an example of the Elgin with them at every tour stop until the P5 came out.

Full Definition of bait and switch
1: a sales tactic in which a customer is attracted by the advertisement of a low-priced item but is then encouraged to buy a higher-priced one
2: the ploy of offering a person something desirable to gain favor (as political support) then thwarting expectations with something less desirable

Since they have said all along that they will be using the Elgin; it's not a switch.

Top Bottom