• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elgin Poll Reality Check

How much extra if at all would you pay for different instruments

• Nothing. OK as is.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • Up to $300

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Up to $600

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Up to $900

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Up to $1200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over $1200

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While you are technically correct, that information wasn't on my radar when the P4 came through Raleigh. The presented vehicle was what I believed would be manufactured - with minor tweaks as necessary. Hence for me the Elgin is a betrayal of a promise. In this aspect, the Dude will not abide.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
While you are technically correct, that information wasn't on my radar when the P4 came through Raleigh. The presented vehicle was what I believed would be manufactured - with minor tweaks as necessary. Hence for me the Elgin is a betrayal of a promise. In this aspect, the Dude will not abide.
Elio Owners Forum is not affiliated directly to Elio Motors.
If you have a question or comment directed to Elio Motors you should contact

Elio Motors can be contacted at:

Elio CS: Toll Free: (844) 289-3546
Direct: (480) 500-6800 Ext. 1
Phone Hours: M-F 9am – 3pm Central Time

Emails:
tellmemore@eliomotors.com
orders@eliomotors.com
support@eliomotors.zendesk.com
https://reservations.eliomotors.com/customer/account/

Mailing address:
Elio Motors, Inc.
2942 North 24th Street,
Suite 114-700
Phoenix, AZ 85016

Take it up with the people making and selling it.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh I have chatted with them - dead end. Recall too that I have chatted with you regarding the possible replacement. I was just adding background info. And while your facts are correct, the P4 was what I signed up to buy. It wasn't until I joined here that I learned the dark and odious truth.

I am still all in and I still have $50K invested. I predict that hordes of people will buy this thing in spite of the Elgin. I am hopeful that the automotive press will love everything about the vehicle except those instruments.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh I have chatted with them - dead end. Recall too that I have chatted with you regarding the possible replacement. I was just adding background info. And while your facts are correct, the P4 was what I signed up to buy. It wasn't until I joined here that I learned the dark and odious truth.

I am still all in and I still have $50K invested. I predict that hordes of people will buy this thing in spite of the Elgin. I am hopeful that the automotive press will love everything about the vehicle except those instruments.
At all of the showings, the majority of people never notice the dash; they're too busy trying to take in everything else about the Elio.
And we have discussed this before; when the Elio hit the road, the people will be forced to notice the dash (finally) and that's when we think that EM will hear a lot of feedback about it.

skychief

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elgin "instrument cluster" will absolutely be the first thing to get replaced on my Elio. I prefer the old-school, analog sweeping-needle-type speedo & tach. I'm sure that EM chose the Elgin for cost considerations.

I just wish they had another analog cluster available as a factory option before drive-away.

One good thing for the folks who actually like the Elgin - there's gonna be a boatload of them available on the bay for dirt cheap. :D

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elgin "instrument cluster" will absolutely be the first thing to get replaced on my Elio. I prefer the old-school, analog sweeping-needle-type speedo & tach. I'm sure that EM chose the Elgin for cost considerations.

I just wish they had another analog cluster available as a factory option before drive-away.

One good thing for the folks who actually like the Elgin - there's gonna be a boatload of them available on the bay for dirt cheap. :D
Elio_interior.jpg

Here is a picture from the past. The radio has changed, the steering wheel has changed, the temperature controls have changed,
The only thing consistent is the elgin gauges. That is how entrenched they are.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You are relatively new to this website. There was an earlier thread dedicated to the elgin gauges and it had over 100 pages to it. People overwhelmingly disliked it. That is how disliked it is. Alas, I can not find that thread. Perhaps someone else can. I always found it amusing that one person described it as an abomination.

XanWolf

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

Perhaps this is the secret cost-savings plan.... Many people will spend $100s to replace it, gladly selling their old one off for cheap... So they can have a source that goes around and buys them up to be put in future Elios.... Cost of the original car held down....

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll go dig and see if I can find it.
Skychief, if you look in my sig line, you see the "Coss'd Cluster"
I have come up with a replacement and I'll be sending out more info on it in a few months along with pictures, pricing and options.
If you're interested, send me a PM with your screen name, real name, email address and phone number and I'll add you to the list.

Top Bottom