• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Ads Starting To Appear On Tv

McBrew

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw one this morning on Morning Joe (MSNBC). Interestingly, it played during a commercial break while watching on my phone as I was getting ready for work, but did not play on the regular TV in the living room where my wife was watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't understand why they are deciding to advertise only on major cable networks (as far as I know). I just recently started watching cable TV a few months ago when I first subscribed to PlayStation Vue. Before that, I only watched TV via an OTA antenna & only got the major broadcasting networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, etc). There are many people that don't have cable for various reasons including: to save money / can't afford it, and not wanting to pay for a full cable package only to watch a few select channels. Isn't that the exact same kind of people that Elio Motors is trying to target??

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand why they are deciding to advertise only on major cable networks (as far as I know). I just recently started watching cable TV a few months ago when I first subscribed to PlayStation Vue. Before that, I only watched TV via an OTA antenna & only got the major broadcasting networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, etc). There are many people that don't have cable for various reasons including: to save money / can't afford it, and not wanting to pay for a full cable package only to watch a few select channels. Isn't that the exact same kind of people that Elio Motors is trying to target??
The largest available audience; those that have "cut the cable" are still the minority of all TV viewers.
Most public places that offer free TV viewing are using services that best fit their needs and that usually means a cable service.
Here in WA Comcast will do a basic TV service for those that can't afford the full packages so that they can have basic needs to stay informed; they even offer a basic free internet service so the children of the working poor can do school work (it has very strict limitations).

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The largest available audience; those that have "cut the cable" are still the minority of all TV viewers.
Most public places that offer free TV viewing are using services that best fit their needs and that usually means a cable service.
Here in WA Comcast will do a basic TV service for those that can't afford the full packages so that they can have basic needs to stay informed; they even offer a basic free internet service so the children of the working poor can do school work (it has very strict limitations).

Interesting. Where I am at, we don't have those same deals for people who cannot afford cable.

While it may be true that "cord cutters" probably still represent a small minority of television viewers, those same channels that they watch are also the same channels that cable subscribers watch too. If anything, I'm sure that those exact channels have the most viewership of any channel (cable networks included). The majority of the most popular shows on TV are on those channels.

Only thing I can think of is that it probably costs more to advertise on those channels than the ones that they are currently advertising on. But I would think that the cost would be worth the extended exposure.

Too many people haven't seen the commercials, taking into consideration how long they have been airing now.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. Where I am at, we don't have those same deals for people who cannot afford cable.

While it may be true that "cord cutters" probably still represent a small minority of television viewers, those same channels that they watch are also the same channels that cable subscribers watch too. If anything, I'm sure that those exact channels have the most viewership of any channel (cable networks included). The majority of the most popular shows on TV are on those channels.

Only thing I can think of is that it probably costs more to advertise on those channels than the ones that they are currently advertising on. But I would think that the cost would be worth the extended exposure.

Too many people haven't seen the commercials, taking into consideration how long they have been airing now.
They are still quite a ways out from production. While Paul wants to keep the Elio brand relevant, I would think most potential car buyers who are tempted to buy a car from watching an ad on TV would want to buy now and not wait for a year or so. Now, Paul can advertise much less expensively and still get enough reservationists. Remember, he isn't after ALL the customers right now - he just wants the least expensive customers. Why spend a lot to get a few more customers when patience will get you some customers soon enough?

Top Bottom