• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Ads Starting To Appear On Tv

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
They are still quite a ways out from production. While Paul wants to keep the Elio brand relevant, I would think most potential car buyers who are tempted to buy a car from watching an ad on TV would want to buy now and not wait for a year or so. Now, Paul can advertise much less expensively and still get enough reservationists. Remember, he isn't after ALL the customers right now - he just wants the least expensive customers. Why spend a lot to get a few more customers when patience will get you some customers soon enough?

Yeah, I can see advertising on Fox Business and CNBC for those very reasons.

To me, the sooner they can get 65k reservations & get approved for that ATVM loan, the better. I'd rather spend a little extra money on more popular channels to get more exposure.

NONE of my co-workers have ever seen an Elio commercial. But after I told about 15 of them about it, 2 of them are actually interested in getting one. It's hard to get people to jump on board with this project if less than 5% of the population even knows about it.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see advertising on Fox Business and CNBC for those very reasons.

To me, the sooner they can get 65k reservations & get approved for that ATVM loan, the better. I'd rather spend a little extra money on more popular channels to get more exposure.

NONE of my co-workers have ever seen an Elio commercial. But after I told about 15 of them about it, 2 of them are actually interested in getting one. It's hard to get people to jump on board with this project if less than 5% of the population even knows about it.

Have you asked them to go on Youtube to look at the Elio.

All they need to do is open up youtube and type in Elio or Elio Motors. There are close to a hundred if not more different Videos on the Elio

McBrew

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's hard to get people to jump on board with this project if less than 5% of the population even knows about it.

On the other hand, I drive a car that's been sold in the US for about five years and was featured on Super Bowl commercials... and most people still haven't heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Have you asked them to go on Youtube to look at the Elio.

All they need to do is open up youtube and type in Elio or Elio Motors. There are close to a hundred if not more different Videos on the Elio
Yep. I got everyone I know checking out the Elio on YouTube & all over the web. I meant that they never saw an Elio commercial on TV. Which is actually quite surprising to me because some of them really watch quite a bit of TV.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep. I got everyone I know checking out the Elio on YouTube & all over the web. I meant that they never saw an Elio commercial on TV. Which is actually quite surprising to me because some of them really watch quite a bit of TV.
But how many people could actually see it on TV, and not remember it?
I know people that watch the SB just for the commercials; and the next day only remember about a 1/3 of them.
There are those that will see it come up; and think it's something completely different from what you told them; their minds just can't seem to make that connection until, they see one in real life.

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
But how many people could actually see it on TV, and not remember it?
I know people that watch the SB just for the commercials; and the next day only remember about a 1/3 of them.
There are those that will see it come up; and think it's something completely different from what you told them; their minds just can't seem to make that connection until, they see one in real life.
That's where repetition comes in to try & up your chances of being remembered.

Of course there ARE other ways to have a memorable commerical..... but I'm pretty sure that Elio isn't planning on modeling it's advertising based on the likes of Carl's Jr / Hardee's, Go Daddy, or Victoria's Secret.

Top Bottom