• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio And Gas Prices

At what price would you not but an Elio?

• $2.75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the news this morning, They said that SUV sales were up due to low gas prices.
That made me wonder.
Sure, for those people who can afford it. Gas prices falling are a temporary thing. It always affects the SUV sales. But also it encourages Auto retailers to up prices or at least hold them firm.

I suspect the price of oil is associated with removing the dependency on Russian oil. At least it has that effect. But it also reflects a weakness of disposable cash for consumers. This is the time they must save a bit back for Thanksgiving and Xmas.

Eventual Elio sales will be based on retail price as much as gas pricing. But of course it will hold some potential reservations back for this year, as well as consumers redirecting that money to the Holidays.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OIC, silly me, I can find meaning in just about any thing, Example:

'But' buying an Elio is better for me than that other car even if the price of gas were .... ( basically any price ) ...

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Yeah, for me, the fact that gas prices fluctuate so much (and agreed they will go up, they already have here, $.16 in past 2 weeks), THAT'S the main reason I want an Elio. I get that a gallon of gas recently went below the price of a gallon of milk. That's nice. I understand inflation too. But everyone uses gas, and it does not follow a supply/demand pricing. If I can save money by driving an Elio, there ya have it.

Top Bottom