• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio And Gas Prices

At what price would you not but an Elio?

• $2.75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tank size is news to me, haven't been here much lately.

It's fine with me though. My road trip personal range is about 400 miles max, 5 hrs or so. 500 mile range is a 1x per week fill easily for me, vs 2 in the current commuter car.

2 gallons less fuel is 1/4 cubic foot roughly, valuable space in a car this size, for increasing that rear headroom most likely.

I could personally live with a 4 gallon tank, if need be. I just want the tank of whatever size, with the car attached to it!
Either size tank, my " pee " stop will be long earlier than my "gas" stop!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gas has gone up 30 cents in the last 2 weeks. We're at $2.10 again (85 octane). Filled up my Subaru for the first time, got 26 mpg, all city driving. Not an Elio, :( but Beats the heck out of what the truck gets in the city. :)

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations you have identified a serious flaw in Elio's design! Think of all those lawsuits from UTI's and bladder issues attributed to Elio's high mileage and all of us sloths thinking we can just hold it until we need to stop for gas. :confused::)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tank size is news to me, haven't been here much lately.

It's fine with me though. My road trip personal range is about 400 miles max, 5 hrs or so. 500 mile range is a 1x per week fill easily for me, vs 2 in the current commuter car.

2 gallons less fuel is 1/4 cubic foot roughly, valuable space in a car this size, for increasing that rear headroom most likely.

I could personally live with a 4 gallon tank, if need be. I just want the tank of whatever size, with the car attached to it!
Noo Joisey is the same way. Funny gas is still pretty decent there.
Do they still not allow you to pump it yourself? Still Blue laws? Never understood these.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations you have identified a serious flaw in Elio's design! Think of all those lawsuits from UTI's and bladder issues attributed to Elio's high mileage and all of us sloths thinking we can just hold it until we need to stop for gas. :confused::)
Gas has never been a reason to stop, but I do have frequent pee and snack stops.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An aside I have been in sailplanes for hours (at a time), the polite, use a bottle others well .....there is a hole, maybe too large for others but......works for me...

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An aside I have been in sailplanes for hours (at a time), the polite, use a bottle others well .....there is a hole, maybe too large for others but......works for me...

Redeux: Alert: All units, stolen bright orange auto cycle seen heading south in the HOV lane.
follow with caution & apprehend when he stops for fuel................that may take a while........ :D

Top Bottom