• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio And Gas Prices

At what price would you not but an Elio?

• $2.75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I totally agree with you and the spread sheet but humans are curious creatures, including me! You can show the guy who has bought big U.S. vehicles all his life and that won't impress him but fortunately the Elio is for the person who isn't satisfied and is looking for an alternative. Your spread sheet is just the tool to show that person searching for the right car why they should consider the Elio. Good job.

Now about that 96 Miata powered by an 02 Camaro SS engine. Your dream car or one you have? I'm just trying to figure out where you would sit and if the rear wheels of the Miata would be touching the ground. My favorite hybrid car would be a VW Bug (about 1966) with a Porsche engine lurking in the back. Some fun, I'll say!
Logic versus emotion.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those kinds of prices are all over 'round here.
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...rt-collins-stations-selling-sub-gas/21290063/
The Western on my way to work is currently $1.49
Oh yea!
free_gas.jpg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
elio fuel tank.jpg

This is an interesting development which is being discussed over on the EM Facebook groups right now. My guess is that the fuel tank size is being reduced as a consequence of lowering the rear seat which is located above the fuel tank but I could be wrong.

It is not a big reduction anyway as to reach 350 miles in the city 350/49= 7.14 gallons in the tank. 7.14 x 84 also gives you right at 600 highway miles at 84 MPG. That highway range is still much more range than most drivers really need as almost nobody will really need or want to drive flat out for 8+ straight hours on the highway in an Elio.

The good news is that with this slight size reduction it becomes even less expensive to fill the tank completely in an Elio. :D

Last edited:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 4545
This is an interesting development which is being discussed over on the EM Facebook groups right now. My guess is that the fuel tank size is being reduced as a consequence of lowering the rear seat which is located above the fuel tank but I could be wrong.

What is known about the underside of the Elio? Where is the exhaust running and muffler located?

Last edited by a moderator:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
What is known about the underside of the Elio? Where is the exhaust running and muffler located?

The Elio underside is being designed to be as smooth as possible and also to allow for the installation of an aerodynamic undertray which may be standard or optional depending on whether EM is able to reach their MPG goals without it as it does add cost.

The exhaust will run tucked tight to the underside along the inside of the right side frame rail and the muffler will be under the passenger foot well with the exhaust exiting down and towards the right in this area.

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/exhaust-system.1416/

Top Bottom