• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio And Gas Prices

At what price would you not but an Elio?

• $2.75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Touche!

[EDIT]
I will admit, I'm kind of a silent; fair-weather protester. I read about something I don't like and I get in my head I'm gonna boycott them. "That'll show 'em!" But it's usually short lived and I go back to not caring anymore.
I boycotted McDonalds for a while due to their endorsing and giving money to LGBT causes. Lasted about 6 months, but with two kids, it's tough to boycott that staple of Americana.
I gotta pick my battles I guess.
You might as well boycott people, because everything evil that's ever happened has involved them.
So I am just going to lump them into one category. (people=bad)

Just kidding, only like 90% are bad...

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Touche!

[EDIT]
I will admit, I'm kind of a silent; fair-weather protester. I read about something I don't like and I get in my head I'm gonna boycott them. "That'll show 'em!" But it's usually short lived and I go back to not caring anymore.
I boycotted McDonalds for a while due to their endorsing and giving money to LGBT causes. Lasted about 6 months, but with two kids, it's tough to boycott that staple of Americana.
I gotta pick my battles I guess.
A boycott never hurts. (They can do better, that's for sure).

charchri4

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This post poses an interesting question because I just did a very large spread sheet covering from $2.00 per gallon to $4.50 per gallon over a number of cars to figure out what to buy next. Top of the list was a GT Mustang but yeah that's not going to happen.

Anyway even at the worst case scenario in the sheet of $2.00 per gallon with an average of 50 MPG and a buy price of $8000 the Elio still kills every other car I put in for the total 5 year cost. The next closest was a 5 year old Yaris but still after 5 years it's not even close.

Gas price really doesn't matter the Elio kills everything on the market.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This post poses an interesting question because I just did a very large spread sheet covering from $2.00 per gallon to $4.50 per gallon over a number of cars to figure out what to buy next. Top of the list was a GT Mustang but yeah that's not going to happen.

Anyway even at the worst case scenario in the sheet of $2.00 per gallon with an average of 50 MPG and a buy price of $8000 the Elio still kills every other car I put in for the total 5 year cost. The next closest was a 5 year old Yaris but still after 5 years it's not even close.

Gas price really doesn't matter the Elio kills everything on the market.
I totally agree with you and the spread sheet but humans are curious creatures, including me! You can show the guy who has bought big U.S. vehicles all his life and that won't impress him but fortunately the Elio is for the person who isn't satisfied and is looking for an alternative. Your spread sheet is just the tool to show that person searching for the right car why they should consider the Elio. Good job.

Now about that 96 Miata powered by an 02 Camaro SS engine. Your dream car or one you have? I'm just trying to figure out where you would sit and if the rear wheels of the Miata would be touching the ground. My favorite hybrid car would be a VW Bug (about 1966) with a Porsche engine lurking in the back. Some fun, I'll say!

charchri4

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I totally agree with you and the spread sheet but humans are curious creatures, including me! You can show the guy who has bought big U.S. vehicles all his life and that won't impress him but fortunately the Elio is for the person who isn't satisfied and is looking for an alternative. Your spread sheet is just the tool to show that person searching for the right car why they should consider the Elio. Good job.

Now about that 96 Miata powered by an 02 Camaro SS engine. Your dream car or one you have? I'm just trying to figure out where you would sit and if the rear wheels of the Miata would be touching the ground. My favorite hybrid car would be a VW Bug (about 1966) with a Porsche engine lurking in the back. Some fun, I'll say!
LOL nope she's the real deal...
rr5vur.jpg

2480 lbs, 450 hp and yep a long time dream come true!

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
again, no matter what the gas price, Elios overwhelming selling point is the purchase price.
Elios purchase price is fine, but for me, the overwhelming selling point is MPG. I commute 130 miles a day, with only one gas station between home and work, a card lock station who doesn't even post their prices because I and the rest of their customers have no choice but to buy our gas there, the only alternative is 30 miles out of the way, another card lock station owned by the same company

Top Bottom