• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio And Gas Prices

At what price would you not but an Elio?

• $2.75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Asphalt highways are so much better than concrete highways. I don't know if concrete is used because of a strong concrete lobby or if there are financial/longevity issues.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Getting a Elio into the diamond lane will ease that 'stuck in a trench' feeling.

81433724_640.jpg

AWWWWW YIS!!!!

(Crimson leader Standing By)

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hate driving in South Carolina, there are tens of miles with original Eisenhower interstate concrete and it has deformed over time and so you rythmically bounce from one end of the shocks to the other as you cross each concrete panel.

There is a stretch of road on US 287 that was built on a clay that expands when it gets wet, which forms temporary hills on the road. First time I drive it, I was doing 70 in a car with struts that has seen better days. It was quite exciting!

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Asphalt highways are so much better than concrete highways. I don't know if concrete is used because of a strong concrete lobby or if there are financial/longevity issues.
I believe that concrete is supposed to last longer. I know the first highway job I was one, I was told that the specification for the road was 100 years. Asphalt lasts around 10-20 depending on the amount of traffic it gets.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gas at $1.95, levels not seen since 2007.

Nary a peep of news from EMI for months.

If only they wouldn't have bitten off too much to chew with that broken engine...so disappointing.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By the very nature of marketing, yes true.

One reason people are ever going more that way, just because all the cars are taller, esp the SUV's, so everyone wants to sit higher, so that you can see again. It's a mater of nerves versus survival. A form of product design parameter creep.

I'm looking at some of those cars that were considered BIG cars in the 60's and 70's. Just barely midsized by today's standards. Only thing that has gotten smaller are those big square fenders, gross weight, and the cylinder displacement.

Getting a Elio into the diamond lane will ease that 'stuck in a trench' feeling.
I agree and drive a small SUV because it's simply functional with good visibility, easy in and out, passenger space, and plenty of cargo space. Drivers are not flocking to SUVs because of lower gas prices, nor are they all gas guzzlers uless the comparison is to the Elio. I am so looking forward to the fun of my & Elio and leaving the SUV parked in the garage 80% of the time.

Top Bottom