• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio And Gas Prices

At what price would you not but an Elio?

• $2.75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't worry, here in UK it's still the equivalent of $7.40 a US gallon! It's government policy to rip off the motorist as much as they can and now they can't do without the tax. We get a fuel tax added, then they put Value Added Tax on the gross price, meaning we pay tax on the tax. It's a scandal but that's the way it has been for years. :mad:

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't worry, here in UK it's still the equivalent of $7.40 a US gallon! It's government policy to rip off the motorist as much as they can and now they can't do without the tax. We get a fuel tax added, then they put Value Added Tax on the gross price, meaning we pay tax on the tax. It's a scandal but that's the way it has been for years. :mad:

And we think think we have it tough here in the States........:eek:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the US is trying hard to emulate your tax structure

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the Highway Trust Fund would provide an accounting of the money it receives, people might be more inclined to increase funding.
I'm sure we have access to info that shows the list of States that received HTF for road construction and repair projects. Most politicians work hard to get their fair share of those funds back to the States they represent. Now do the States spend it wisely by providing jobs to build and maintain roads?

I hope all the potholes are filled before I start my Elio driving adventure.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure we have access to info that shows the list of States that received HTF for road construction and repair projects. Most politicians work hard to get their fair share of those funds back to the States they represent. Now do the States spend it wisely by providing jobs to build and maintain roads?

I hope all the potholes are filled before I start my Elio driving adventure.
Come to think of it, I have seen almost no pot holes in Oregon and those have been inside city limits. However, when I lived in Idaho . . . . . . I don't envy you your pot hole issues there. :-) Z

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Come to think of it, I have seen almost no pot holes in Oregon and those have been inside city limits. However, when I lived in Idaho . . . . . . I don't envy you your pot hole issues there. :) Z
Where in Idaho did you live? Idaho is deffinitely not getting their fair share of the Highway Trust Fund.......ot if they are it's not being used for maintenance.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where in Idaho did you live? Idaho is deffinitely not getting their fair share of the Highway Trust Fund.......ot if they are it's not being used for maintenance.
First McCammon and then Pocatello but I traveled to Coeur d'Alene through Montana, to Boise, Twin Falls, Idaho Falls, Sun Valley (once), Preston, Soda Springs, Lava Hot Springs, Bear Lake. Saw a lot of Idaho roads in the process. :-) Z

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First McCammon and then Pocatello but I traveled to Coeur d'Alene through Montana, to Boise, Twin Falls, Idaho Falls, Sun Valley (once), Preston, Soda Springs, Lava Hot Springs, Bear Lake. Saw a lot of Idaho roads in the process. :) Z

I venture to say, you'll see a lot more (of OR) in your Elio! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom