• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio And Gas Prices

At what price would you not but an Elio?

• $2.75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do surveys for money and a recurring question I get is "how much would gas prices have to increase to change your driving habits?" Well, gas would have to cost so much that my 700-800 mile weekly commute cost more to drive than I got paid, so I figure about $20/gallon!
Must be nice being able to bank your whole check and not have any other expenses.
Do you still live with your Mom and Dad?

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ouch. That hurt. No, I love with my wife, who makes about double what I do and we predominantly live off her paycheck

Just ignore the attackers and stay on point, above the fray. I'm shocked how personal some people here take criticism of (so far) a vaporware product. Shocked; not surprised.

Reactions: HHH

TGElder

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gas Prices aren't going to go down. The gasoline consumption is at a 10 year low in the US. and still the prices are nearly $4.00/gallon. Between the massive profits that oil companies are making, and the increasing onslaught of EPA regulations, these prices are here to stay regardless of market forces of supply and demand.
ELIO is a guaranteed success in major metropolitan markets like Charlotte and Atlanta.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just ignore the attackers and stay on point, above the fray. I'm shocked how personal some people here take criticism of (so far) a vaporware product. Shocked; not surprised.
He stated the price of gas could absorb his entire income. True
My statement insinuated he did not need his income. Also true.
Other than you attacking me, where was the attack?:)

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gas Prices aren't going to go down. The gasoline consumption is at a 10 year low in the US. and still the prices are nearly $4.00/gallon. Between the massive profits that oil companies are making, and the increasing onslaught of EPA regulations, these prices are here to stay regardless of market forces of supply and demand.
ELIO is a guaranteed success in major metropolitan markets like Charlotte and Atlanta.

What about when gas prices were over $5.00 a gallon? Why didn't Elio happen then?

TGElder

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about when gas prices were over $5.00 a gallon? Why didn't Elio happen then?
Because, while the market might have been ready for a vehicle like the Elio, the Elio wasn't ready for the market. Besides, when gas got up over five dollars a gallon most people were trying to figure out how to unload their Hummers, and mentally most people who were used to hauling 6-8 people around couldn't mentally accept the beauty of a two-seater commuter vehicle. Look at how long it took the Smart Car to hit the market.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Might the real problem be the distance of the commute and not the price of gas by itself...the % raises as the miles go of your income. A 5 mile commute is not going make anybody buy an elio. It is too limited in its carrying capacity and its storage space.
Now a 35 miles commute, make an elio an asset...those limitations do not matter..it is on the road and gone from the house from say 7am to 7pm. If you read Mr. Elio 2010 presentation, that idea seems to be missing from his sales projections..

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm almost positive it is because time travel doesn't exist yet.

Que?

Gas was over $5.00/gallon on the west coast and darn close everywhere else not that long ago for several weeks, and Paul was shopping the Elio project around at that time.

Basic logic here, folks...if it didn't happen at $5.00/gallon, then the gas price that will make it happen cannot be < $5.00/gallon. There may or may not be a higher price that WILL, but for certain it didn't happen at any price < = $5.00

Top Bottom