• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Configurator Seems To Be Down

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mine worked; only thing I saw different were prices. Couple of things went down in price, while more went up.
Body wraps are now $1,495.00; carpet went from $78 to $80; the HUD is now $497.00.
While not drastic price changes, just a few bucks here and there, it seems like the most popular went up, while the less popular went down in price.
But one item that stayed the same ........ The Starz system is still $1,999.00 (pretty high price for pixie dust).

Strange, I'm not seeing any of those price changes. I still see $1475, $78 and $479 respectively.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Strange, I'm not seeing any of those price changes. I still see $1475, $78 and $479 respectively.
Weren't body wraps closer to $1,700 before?

And being off a couple of bucks in the other items is my fault because I only breezed through it, didn't write them down. So yes, the accuracy is off.
Wasn't the HUD $397 before? And most of all:
**"Remember folks, this configurator is like the "beta" stage, probably even "alpha" stage of a development cycle. Software companies do this all the time, especially game developers. There are several reasons to put this out. They want to keep interest going in new ways, they want to "use" us as free testers for the software and the website, and get an early gauge of interest in various items and options. Among other likely reasons.

The site and options and pricing will all change (probably many times) between now and when they call it officially released for use.

So just have fun with it, don't take things on it too seriously! :)

**"http://www.elioowners.com/threads/myelio-me-is-up-running.7169/page-9#post-145098
By msmith5150"

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good suggestion, Coss.
I tried Chrome and Internet Explorer and they both load the page.
It is Firefox 50.1.0 which is not working.
I wonder if it is due to the Flash craziness that Firefox is fighting?

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good suggestion, Coss.

I always use Firefox, and it's working fine for me. But I don't know Firefox very well from the technical side, so I suppose there may be some other factor effecting your machine that is not effecting mine. I didn't flush the cookies or plunge the DNS or replumb the plumb-bob or anything like that.

MagicDragon

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good suggestion, Coss.
I tried Firefox 50.1.0, Edge as part of windows 10 and Safari on my iPad none of those work. I had been using Firefox for the past 8 months and it has always worked on the Elio configurator in the past. Now it does not. Does work with IE 11.0. Someone has changed something and I Believe it must have been the Elio web site.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like they took the Flash out of it.
Flash has become a Typhoid Mary of sorts and more and more websites are dumping it; that's why the Configurator will work in Edge, Chrome, IE 11; they've coded those browsers not to use Flash any longer; Firefox I don't follow so I don't know what they're doing there.

Top Bottom