1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Elio Court Hearing On 3/27/2018...

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by 4matic, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Sega

Sega Elio Enthusiast

This project has been doomed for years. Very unfortunate since the concept is good, the customers behind it are good people, the idea of a simple car for cheap is great, but the management team that is running EM never seemed to have a real strategy.

RUCRAYZE likes this.
  2. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    It's only the digital/intellectual property and marketing research that retains any value, if the factory situation is not in the mix.
    Frankly, on a total re-boot, for the best return, all the engineering created up to now would go overseas. (Another result I would not like to see.) However, there is another track to success that even fits a chap 11, releasing the commitment to high production right off. That is, do low production at a higher margin until the novelty wears off. Give all the reservations the option to convert to the new price and the others get to wait for some future date at some future lower price.

So how high could a low production Elio sell for? Smart USA was getting 36k each at first, then shifted down to 32k, then under 30k at 10k units/yr more or less. I'm not sure how long but maybe 5-7 years later they went to the 11-4k level without BMW engines as all the other makers produced competitive product.

The real tricky part here is the shift from low volume to high volume as it relates to cash on hand, new investment, and the timing of competition. Messing up there would kill off a start-up.

I'd personally go with auctioning like an EBay, save up the cash (to make myself more attractive) and choose the shift window depending on what the auctioning vs the competition showed me. It took 5 years before major makers were convinced on the Smart-Class market.

Now if they actually produced a different model for that low volume out put, there would be less requirement to wait for chap 7/11/13 or whatever. (creativity in the Trump era eh?)

3. Samalross

Samalross Elio Addict

With 130 or so million in debt, it is too late to restart at a smaller scale. Best to go under then re form.

4. Sailor Dog

Sailor Dog Elio Addict

:pop2:

5. Travelbuzz1

Travelbuzz1 Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Sega, it was wrong, and have a nice day.

6. Travelbuzz1

Travelbuzz1 Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    He stated that he phoned the court house and where is the share holders meeting at? Thank you.

7. Ray O

Ray O Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Jay Leno has an Aptera. just thought you wanted to know.

a

AriLea and Elio Amazed like this.
  8. Made in USA

Made in USA Elio Addict

LillyMay, I am sorry I can't tell you more because I don't know. I called and that is all they told me. Trying to make me look bad because I don't have all the information you want will not work on me. Instead of sharing what little information I do find out, perhaps I will just keep it to myself. Would that make you happy?

As they say, ignorance is bliss.

Husker1 and Sega like this.
  9. RSchneider

RSchneider Elio Addict

Another option is for people that really need to know because it's critical for them, is to just call the Clerk of Courts too.

Husker1 and Sega like this.
  10. Sega

Sega Elio Enthusiast

YEAH!!!! HOW DARE YOU NOT SPOON FEED US EVERYTHING!!!! I need to know the judges name, what parking lot we can park in, what place we should eat at before court also! lol

RUCRAYZE likes this.