• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Court Hearing On 3/27/2018...

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, by this I'm not suggesting anything at all, but if a chapter 7 were ever filed, it's possible someone would buy-up everything left over. In that way, at least one Aptera prototype ended up in Chinese hands, and was used to hook some investment money, then totally vanished.

Sometimes an interested investor/or/company will allow that to happen, then scarf everything thing back up and reboot. It all depend on how the current materials and intellectual properties lend themselves to a re-boot. At min the Davenport deal would be in jeopardy.
I wish ARAMCO would show the same interest in EM as it showed in Achates. Of course, if bankruptcy were filed, would the new company have any obligation to honor the reservationist agreements? I don't think so. Of course they may choose to anyway.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wish ARAMCO would show the same interest in EM as it showed in Achates. Of course, if bankruptcy were filed, would the new company have any obligation to honor the reservationist agreements? I don't think so. Of course they may choose to anyway.
I think that they would. It would be nice to show the backers 65000 people are interested.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a PR issue. Providing this is a popular venue able to support it, the difference to brand image is enormous. Dropping support for prior reservations versus restoring them?
Of course in a small or limited production, it probably doesn't make business sense and would not affect the sales rate. But in a full-mass production that we think the Elio can support, they definitely would want that PR boost, and likely need that affect to hit target levels. JMHO.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
....if bankruptcy were filed, would the new company have any obligation to honor the reservationist agreements? I don't think so. Of course they may choose to anyway.

Obligation, I don't think so either.
Will they choose to, yes. I think so anyway.

Think of it like this, most reservation holders have 100 invested and the high amount is 1000. If the new owners honor this then it's guaranteed sales with a rather small discount for certain privileged reservation holders. The good PR would be a bonus and paying off the holders to prevent bad PR would be icing on the cake.

ABC123

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The quid pro quo on the non-refundable deposit implies that we should get a vehicle. If they go bankrupt, then am I a lien holder to the effect of my deposit? It’s Elio (in blue) or some sort of capital loss on taxes. It’s out of my control, just waiting either way.

Top Bottom