• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yea, tell a lie about finances, I should try that with the IRS next year...or worse my wife!
It's 10% of gross income or 10% of net worth (excluding your home) whichever is greater. So you can have the cash flow of a wino, but if you own half a mil in gov't bonds, you can spend 50,000 on Elio. (But I wouldn't recommend it).

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, let's play this out as a paranoid person would, I invest $6000, make $1M a few years from now, someone checks into my finances and discovers I only make $40K a year, now my $1M is forfit because I should have not been able to invest all that $ in the first place..
No, they are specifically doing Tier II. That's all that SE.com allows.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of Elio (aren't we always?), I just drove by the Elio plant today. I noticed a few vehicles in one of the parking lots - probably fewer than 20. Also, as I drove up, there was a flatbed truck with a forklift on it pulling in through one of the gates. There still isn't an Elio sign outside yet. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed about the lack of a sign but the amount of activity going on there has been the most I've seen in all my drivebys. There were a few people outside around where the cars were. The P5 was NOT in sight. LOL... of course it wasn't. Anyway, that's all I have to report for this trip. I probably won't get back this way before maybe November though. I have a daughter who is expecting her first child (and our first grandkid) around then.

Someone else will have to keep tabs on the factory till then.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think there is a chance for that as Elio can get up to 50mil under the new rules. The current 25mil offering is a 'Test' to guage interest in the product....If interest is sufficient Elio can do a real stock sale for up to 50mil.....

Well, by now, since 25m seems extremely doable, Elio Motors has figured out once the P5 is out and viewable, they'll have no problem gathering up to a full 50m to get the P6-25 done, plus some left over for factory prep. So I'd guess that if they know the P5 will be done in time for the real offer, they may do that in anticipation. Just a thought anyway.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, by now, since 25m seems extremely doable, Elio Motors has figured out once the P5 is out and viewable, they'll have no problem gathering up to a full 50m to get the P6-25 done, plus some left over for factory prep. So I'd guess that if they know the P5 will be done in time for the real offer, they may do that in anticipation. Just a thought anyway.

Bingo!

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom