• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio... Cult Like Following? The Next "harley Type Following?"

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really feel, based on the multiple sites and discussion pages, that Elio is gathering speed or is there for a Harley like following. Sort of like a cult'ish following. The Elio is very much like a motor bike. It just seems to me that the Elio will be more than "The Next Big Thing in Transportation." The Elio will be a toy for motor-heads and a status to show personality of the owner.

What is your view?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really feel, based on the multiple sites and discussion pages, that Elio is gathering speed or is there for a Harley like following. Sort of like a cult'ish following. The Elio is very much like a motor bike. It just seems to me that the Elio will be more than "The Next Big Thing in Transportation." The Elio will be a toy for motor-heads and a status to show personality of the owner.

What is your view?
I agree. It'll be a different crowd though.

Dooltd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First of all, legally Elio is a motorcycle and not a three wheel car.

Is it a toy for motor heads? It will be for me.

If Elio spawns a H-D type following of enthusiasts that would be great. We could get jackets and babes and everything!

"Yeah Baby, sign me up for that cult!" :cool:

Last edited:

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. It'll be a different crowd though.
Instead of Sturgis... As it is defined:
  • Sturgis:
Sturgis is a city in Meade County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 6,627 as of the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Meade County and is named after General Samuel D. Sturgis. Sturgis is famous for being the location of one of the largest annual motorcycle events in the world, which is held annually on the first full week of August. Motorcycle enthusiasts from around the world flock to this usually sleepy town during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.​
  • So for Shreveport:
Shreveport, Louisiana, was founded in 1836, by the Shreve Town Company, a corporation established to develop a town at the juncture of the newly navigable Red River and the Texas Trail, an overland route into the newly independent Republic of Texas and, prior to that time, into Mexico.

The Red River had been cleared of the 180 mile long raft of debris that had clogged its channel since time immemorial by Captain Henry Miller Shreve, commanding the US Army Corps of Engineers. In Shreve's honor, the Shreve Town Company and the village of Shreve Town were named. On March 20, 1839, the village of Shreve Town was incorporated as the town of Shreveport.
We will call it the Shreveport Autocycle Rally??

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Instead of Sturgis... As it is defined:
  • Sturgis:
Sturgis is a city in Meade County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 6,627 as of the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Meade County and is named after General Samuel D. Sturgis. Sturgis is famous for being the location of one of the largest annual motorcycle events in the world, which is held annually on the first full week of August. Motorcycle enthusiasts from around the world flock to this usually sleepy town during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.​
  • So for Shreveport:
Shreveport, Louisiana, was founded in 1836, by the Shreve Town Company, a corporation established to develop a town at the juncture of the newly navigable Red River and the Texas Trail, an overland route into the newly independent Republic of Texas and, prior to that time, into Mexico.

The Red River had been cleared of the 180 mile long raft of debris that had clogged its channel since time immemorial by Captain Henry Miller Shreve, commanding the US Army Corps of Engineers. In Shreve's honor, the Shreve Town Company and the village of Shreve Town were named. On March 20, 1839, the village of Shreve Town was incorporated as the town of Shreveport.
We will call it the Shreveport Autocycle Rally??

Since Shreveport and Bossier are commonly preferred to as the same city (Shreveport-Bossier), maybe we should just refer to it by Parrish. Yup, let's call it the annual Caddo Autocycle Rally (CAR). "Honey, I'm going to A-CAR" "Which car?" "The only one." "We have two." "Dammit woman, A-CAR. Now, fix me a turkey pot pie!"

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm reluctant to call the Elio an autocycle and not a motorcycle because it might tempt the authorities to keep us out of the car pool lanes.
That would be a big loss sales-wise here in Los Angeles. :cool:
The term "Autocycle" is how it is being legislated in the states. This way you will not have to have a motorcycle endorsement or helmet. They are still stating we can use the HOV lanes because the federal government sees it as a motorcycle.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sturgis is far enough north to be great in the summer ..:).. Shreveport in the summer would be much hotter ..:eek:.. OH WAIT, we have AC ..:D.. disregard this comment ..:confused:
Maybe we can go to the Black Hills at a different time. Then see Mt. Rushmore and the beautiful country. I definitely would not go there in the winter. Cooollddd!

Top Bottom