• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio... Cult Like Following? The Next "harley Type Following?"

PeteinKC

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I was just wondering (off subject)... When there is a squishy critter (road kill) in the road I usually straddle it in my car if it is in the center or move to a side if along the side. A motorcycle can easily go around with out going in the dirt or other lane. With the Elio, the only chance is if it is on the side. Otherwise the rear tire will hit it. I bet there will be a few stinky Elios from hitting dead skunks until we get accustom to the wheel configuration.

:eek:= Realizing you hit the skunk
:confused:= Starting to smell the skunk
:mad:= Wondering how you are going to get the smell off your Elio! Ha!

Ha! It took me a bit of practice and getting comfortable with the handling of the Spyder to deal with just that situation! Now, I can usually judge by the size of the 'item' I'm approaching whether to try and skirt it completely or straddle it just inside the front tire and outside the rear....same behavior works for most potholes! :cool:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We need a spy in Shreveport to keep an eye open for activity at the Elio Plant.
I have an internet Radio tuned to a West Monroe La radio station. I kill 2 birds with one stone. I get to listen to Rush Limbaugh and keep tabs on local news about Elio there too. So far no Elio news. If I were to post the local Chamber of Commerce tellephone number here would that help?

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you feel that you have to wear chaps... for goodness sake, wear pants under them!o_O:confused: Ha!
Now, do you mean American "pants" (jeans, slacks) or Brit "pants" (underwear, skivvies)? Either way unless you are on a Harley or a horse the Elio application of them seems a bit useless to me. Unless of course they had some incredible quill and bead work on them that spells out my name on one leg and Elio on the other!

Top Bottom