• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio... Cult Like Following? The Next "harley Type Following?"

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The cult following may be the die hard Elio fans buying the vehicle for fun and taking advantage of all the options to personalize. Perhaps even a high % of Elio cult fans will be former bikers more inclined to form a local or regional Elio Club Chapter. Those personalities may also be early adopter members on this forum. Many of you have shared stories about your motorcycles as former or current bikers. I predict there will be many more hardcore Elio biker fans once custom Elio's are seen in packs on the road.

A higher % of owners may be buying and driving the Elio only as an economical commuter and could care less about clubs and rallies. I hope to meet some of you at a rally one day soon.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
part of the definition of a cult reads, "followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader" .... just thought I'd throw that out there .. :) .. many products have a cult level followers .... Ford/Chevy/Dodge, Smity&Wesson/Ruger/Glock, and so on .... from the unquestioning blind support from some members of this forum, Elio already has a number of them as well .... that isn't a bad thing, in fact it can be a good thing and can be a source of good natured fun ..:D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
part of the definition of a cult reads, "followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader" .... just thought I'd throw that out there .. :) .. many products have a cult level followers .... Ford/Chevy/Dodge, Smity&Wesson/Ruger/Glock, and so on .... from the unquestioning blind support from some members of this forum, Elio already has a number of them as well .... that isn't a bad thing, in fact it can be a good thing and can be a source of good natured fun ..:D
Ha! Paul Elio is a charismatic leader, but only authoritarian when it comes to his four tenants and the Elgin dash.

My personal definition of a cult is when 3 or more people share a belief.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The whole driving along in a group is something that sounds so flipping cool, long lines of Elios cruising down streets or freeway for that matter. But what scares me is the whole long lines of Elios cruising down the street or freeway! My wife and I belonged to a scooter club for just a couple of months and went on a couple of rides, the problem being a couple of the people had no idea of how a proper group ride is done. They had no concept of staggered positions and no concept of proper spacing. It was a very scary proposition at best. That and just the number of riders we had to get through intersections and so forth. We decided that the club rides weren't for us, too much risk we had no real control over, I think the same with car club rides. Meeting somewhere, having a picnic or some other shindig would be great though. So, even though I'm a hearty enthusiast I probably don't quite fall into a culty sort of catagory. Besides, even though I'm still nigh on positive that the Elio will be gracing a parking space in our condo complex sometime in 2016 (I'm not the full $1k all in, we went as far as our risk comfort allowed) as with all things in life, failure is an option but I'm sure looking forward to driving it!

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
images41537G3Q.jpg

Top Bottom