• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio... Cult Like Following? The Next "harley Type Following?"

Anderson Howard

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really feel, based on the multiple sites and discussion pages, that Elio is gathering speed or is there for a Harley like following. Sort of like a cult'ish following. The Elio is very much like a motor bike. It just seems to me that the Elio will be more than "The Next Big Thing in Transportation." The Elio will be a toy for motor-heads and a status to show personality of the owner.

What is your view?
I was wishing it would be delivered by Sturgis Bike week but no such luck. Cruising through Sturgis would be great.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was wishing it would be delivered by Sturgis Bike week but no such luck. Cruising through Sturgis would be great.
Cruising through Sturgis will be great in 2016 and we will have a few fun break miles on the Elio's by that time.

Maybe that first annual Elio meet could be in the Sturgis area pre-Sturgis Bike week......more centrally located than Shreveport and possibly more scenic.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
.....more centrally located than Shreveport and possibly more scenic.

The funny thing is that people think Shreveport is not centrally located however what we have found out is that the reality is that Shreveport is actually quite centrally located in terms of US population distribution. Shreveport, LA is only 360 miles southwest of the mean center of the US population.

The mean center is: "the point at which an imaginary, flat, weightless, and rigid map of the United States would balance perfectly if weights of identical value were placed on it so that each weight represented the location of one person on the date of the census"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_center_of_the_United_States_population

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The funny thing is that people think Shreveport is not centrally located however what we have found out is that the reality is that Shreveport is actually quite centrally located in terms of US population distribution. Shreveport, LA is only 360 miles southwest of the mean center of the US population.

The mean center is: "the point at which an imaginary, flat, weightless, and rigid map of the United States would balance perfectly if weights of identical value were placed on it so that each weight represented the location of one person on the date of the census"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_center_of_the_United_States_population
That is interesting and obviously makes Shreveport the ideal location for Elio manufacturing and distribution. I love it when a plan comes together.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder how an Elio will be received by the folks in Sturgis
I believe these picture were taken at Sturgis. The Elio seems to fit in just fine!

Correction: I just notice the palm trees. I have never seen a palm tree in the Dakotas. It must be Daytona!

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Last edited:
Top Bottom