• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Engine Specs Finally Released After Successful Dyno Test!

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately the problem for EM is statements just like the one you wrote. You are demanding answers however the problem with your demand is that it is based on information which has since proven to be incorrect. This is a no-win situation for EM as the demand is based on incorrect information so they do not have the information you demand however when they tell us that people will then accuse EM of lying about this or hiding problems.

We now know there was no deadline busted instead just internet rumors of this happening created by people on the outside looking in who do not have a good understanding of what is going on. The fact of the matter is that this engine has actually been on a dyno several times now however these were not for self powered tests but instead other tests which occur in the months long testing process leading up to the first self-powered dyno tests which we have been told are scheduled to occur now.

Maybe EM could have done a better job of communicating the steps in the engine testing process ahead of time however they did tell us this would be a months long process before they had results they could share. Instead many of us were inpatient and ended up raising all kinds of unfounded doubts which created these rumors and ultimately lead to people demanding information which simply did not exist.

I was going by the person who brought up the Nov 15th deadline...I didn't know that this wasn't an actual deadline...

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I was going by the person who brought up the Nov 15th deadline...I didn't know that this wasn't an actual deadline...

I know you did not mean any harm with your statement however it does demonstrate how these 'issues' arise and ultimately end up placing EM in a bad situation when there is no good answer they are able to provide in response.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know you did not mean any harm with your statement however it does demonstrate how these 'issues' arise and ultimately end up placing EM in a bad situation when there is no good answer they are able to provide in response.

There is always a reason when things aren't accomplished within a certain timeframe...all I am saying is that it would be much more comforting for those of us who are waiting for this vehicle to be produced if we were kept informed as to why something is taking longer than was expected...I don't think that's asking too much...

Kegger

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Time
Good quality
Inexpensive
Pick 2. You can get a quality product fast but the cost will be higher. Want it inexpensive and fast? Quality will suffer. We need quality and inexpensive so we have to understand it will take more time.
yMIDo9z.jpg

Good Things come to those who wait right?

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Time
Good quality
Inexpensive
Pick 2. You can get a quality product fast but the cost will be higher. Want it inexpensive and fast? Quality will suffer. We need quality and inexpensive so we have to understand it will take more time.

That's fine, they just need to tell us why when something takes longer so we're not left hanging...

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's fine, they just need to tell us why when something takes longer so we're not left hanging...
They really don't need to tell us anything. If you have a reservation, they need to tell you when you can pick options, how to pay and get it delivered. I would rather EM didn't keep speculating, since every statement gets over-analyzed and over-debated. Its all well and good to have internal projections, estimates and goals. Without those, the company could not function. Unfortunately, when you disclose these to the public (especially THIS public), projections and goals turn into promises and guarantees, no matter how you present it. If you promise me $1,000 on Monday, but you give me $999 on Tuesday, I probably okay with that. BUT, to some people, you are just a day late and a dollar short.

Top Bottom