• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Erks Me To No End

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Chris Los, I've seen a lot of differing views here, and believe everyone gets "read". No matter the point of view.
I think it takes a dive when the Negative Nancys get personal. This is "In My Opinion".
Anyone can become disillusioned with Elio, to the point they no longer believe it will be built. I respect your decisions.
However, to appear to attack others for still believing it will be built, is counterproductive, as well as trying to force opinions on others who do not think the same way.
This causes arguements and anger, where no anger should exist.
If, in the end, there is no Elio built, I will be very sad indeed. But, the only person I need to be held accountable for, for taking the risk to buy an Elio in the first Year, is me.
I am enjoying the ride. The highs and lows, the updated tech being added, the (not so patiently) wait for the engine to be ran publically, the thrill of seeing subtle modifications as things progress.
Last, and perhaps most importantly, I've "met" a wide variety of People while whining for my Elio. Various backgrounds, skills and knowledge, from all over the World! "If" the Elio never gets built, I have still gained a LOT! I hope we'd still keep in touch somehow, that is fact!

Pschencker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
When I put money down I knew that I was putting it at risk. That's my problem and I will sleep soundly even if it turns out that EM is a mirage. What makes me very angry is the lack of transparency from EM regarding what is going on and the fact that they continue to accept and actively court deposits. It must suck to be the guy on Elio Facebook having to answer the same line over and over. Do you think it is a bot? They should cease and desist from taking any NEW deposits immediately. Honestly if they keep taking all in deposits I would not be surprised if there were criminal charges filed from fraud in several states if this falls through. I have two all in deposits ($1000/$100 level) and at this point I am trying to hang on but my car is a 1998 Crown Vic that is a warrior but things are breaking down. By summer I may be using my Elio funds for new wheels. I am glad one of my t-shirts is still in the bag. Maybe I can recoup some money on Ebay as a joke.

I rarely come here anymore . I had to set up a new account just to post. Previously if you said anything even slightly negative or even neutral about this car (even if you were all in), an army of evangelical koolaid drinkers would shout you down. At least now people talk rationally/realistically. I am hoping for good news and will buy my Elio if it comes to pass but realistically my confidence level is a 0.5 out of 10. I think in the end the automobile lobbyists are killing this company. Not blaming Paul as he is trying to bring this car to market. That said it is time for EM to refuse all ins and make any new deposit going forward as refundable.

Chris, you hit the nail on the head when you talk about Elio actively seeking new deposits. Come to think of it,and maybe why I decided to finally post in here after a long absence is that Elio has blasted me with no less than 25 emails in the last 2 weeks. Is it desperation, I don't know but they surely are looking for more people to put a deposit down.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I put money down I knew that I was putting it at risk. That's my problem and I will sleep soundly even if it turns out that EM is a mirage. What makes me very angry is the lack of transparency from EM regarding what is going on and the fact that they continue to accept and actively court deposits. It must suck to be the guy on Elio Facebook having to answer the same line over and over. Do you think it is a bot? They should cease and desist from taking any NEW deposits immediately. Honestly if they keep taking all in deposits I would not be surprised if there were criminal charges filed from fraud in several states if this falls through. I have two all in deposits ($1000/$100 level) and at this point I am trying to hang on but my car is a 1998 Crown Vic that is a warrior but things are breaking down. By summer I may be using my Elio funds for new wheels. I am glad one of my t-shirts is still in the bag. Maybe I can recoup some money on Ebay as a joke.

I rarely come here anymore . I had to set up a new account just to post. Previously if you said anything even slightly negative or even neutral about this car (even if you were all in), an army of evangelical koolaid drinkers would shout you down. At least now people talk rationally/realistically. I am hoping for good news and will buy my Elio if it comes to pass but realistically my confidence level is a 0.5 out of 10. I think in the end the automobile lobbyists are killing this company. Not blaming Paul as he is trying to bring this car to market. That said it is time for EM to refuse all ins and make any new deposit going forward as refundable.
Chris, welcome to the forum even if it is under a new account name. Have you received your number for your $1K reservation yet?

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Chris, you hit the nail on the head when you talk about Elio actively seeking new deposits. Come to think of it,and maybe why I decided to finally post in here after a long absence is that Elio has blasted me with no less than 25 emails in the last 2 weeks. Is it desperation, I don't know but they surely are looking for more people to put a deposit down.
Are you aware that if you have an Elio reservation (or signed up on their mail list) you will regular emails from their new e-mail and blog system? That was planned and shared with reservation holders awhile back. You can remove yourself from the new system, but if you do remove yourself from all the e-mails and you're "all in" you would not be included in surveys and certain other information Elio has said they will begin sending. Just a heads up if you missed that. :)

Pschencker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Are you aware that if you have an Elio reservation (or signed up on their mail list) you will regular emails from their new e-mail and blog system? That was planned and shared with reservation holders awhile back. You can remove yourself from the new system, but if you do remove yourself from all the e-mails and you're "all in" you would not be included in surveys and certain other information Elio has said they will begin sending. Just a heads up if you missed that. :)

Thanks John, just seems I am getting emails on a daily basis now, where before it was once in a blue moon.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Really?

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks John, just seems I am getting emails on a daily basis now, where before it was once in a blue moon.
Yup I got them too. If you follow the link in the e-mails you can deselect all, two or just one of the lists. I deselected the first and kept the last two and that decreased the e-mails by half. One night got about 12 emails of the same thing... Fixed now. :D

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio doubters continue to say "I've buried my head in the sand." Well, it's my head , my money and my opinion. I believe in the project. I invested in the project and I will continue to support the Elio movement.

I don't waste my time with Debbie Downers. Cry and complain all you want. It's your right. But, it's my right to not acknowledge you and your thoughts.

Have a great day.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To tell you the truth, since the delays of both the start of build due to funding problems and the public start up of the motor I've been bummed. Odd thing is, it's not the money that I might lose if the worst should happen, it's that the product doesn't get built! I mean what a great car! Think what we would end up losing out on, great gas mileage, probably fun to drive and the attention we'll get sitting behind the wheel?! Yup, it would be a loss. But like Samuel Clement said, The reports of my death have been greatly exagerated! So too with the Elio, a lot of hope going on here. And why not? Better than the alternative and nothing we can do about it anyway.

Top Bottom