• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Erks Me To No End

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Automotive forums can be rough places to hang out. I have seen people buy a perfectly reliable car, then spend lots of time on a forum reading about problem after problem that people are having, and then sell their car in a panic because they are certain that they will have all the same problems that they read about.

It is only a little different here. People get on here every day and there is still no Elio. Of course there is not. They've told us that it won't be out until the first half of 2016, and that may change again. The rational thing to do would be to log off and check back again in the first half of 2016. That won't happen, because we are all too anxious about it to stay away.

It's like checking on stock prices or your 401k every day. It doesn't do any good in the long run... it just makes you more nervous about it every day.

The good news is that things are still moving along. There are people working for Elio who have worked on many other successful automotive projects. They are still getting laws changed... still showing the prototypes... still drumming up interest. I am still optimistic.

Funny you say that, I own three horrible vehicles according to internet blogs, a 500,000 mile Ford Ranger (a joy to own due to it's reliability,), a mid 90's Mercedes (another car that has done extremely well despite reviews, outside basic maintenance an alternator at approximately 105,000) and a late model Ford Expedition (another uber reliable vehicle). If I would have listened to a blog I would have never bought any of them, I'm sure my Elio fortune will continue.

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a brand new company starting from the ground up, It is a truly monumental task. For that reason I expected delays and am open to the possibility that it may not happen, but no sense in getting all upset or stressed. If you read the agreement when you made your deposit, you should have known that this was a bit of a gamble, if you didn't read it, well you got a good lesson. All I can add to this discussion is this, Don't walk away from the roulette table while the wheel is still spinning and your chips are on the table because you will not know if you won or lost until it lands on something.

The Elio wheel is still spinning!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
my fav non animal
looking over the psychologist"s shoulder past his pad and seeing the patient on the couch.
and the Dr writes "JUST PLAIN NUTS"

Yep, that was another great one.:D

Just plain nuts.jpg

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been coming into this forum for over a year, but have not posted or signed in a long time. I basically am kissing my deposit goodbye, and have come to the true fact this 'car' will never be produced. Its just mathematics that it can't be done.
And it bothers me that I saw the Elio display at Barret Jackson a month ago, and the salespeople were all excited about the Elio and were offering the all in 50% bonus again to unsuspecting suckers.

Sorry, its just the way I feel, and from reading all the posts, seems Elio is being extremely deceptive, and not honest at all.

Ok, going back to driving my 3 wheel slingshot, which is in my garage.

Thanks all.
The delays do suck but I really don't know what it takes to get a car into production. We all want to see something happen at the factory but I'm sure it takes a lot of funding to get going. Hopefully they are getting everything right, and once they are in production they keep rolling. I would hate to see production stop at car number 2335 due to lack of funding because I'm at 2336. No one has lost their deposit yet, and I'm tempted to put down another $1000 if it would help, there is a lot better chance winning with Elio than winning a dollar in the lottery. I still think its a real good chance it will happen. Keep writing letters to the government, tell them that you want your taxpayer dollars used to get Elio off the ground.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's what I was thinking about last night. Pardon my ramblings...
Elio said 3rd qtr 2015. Caddo agreed with that. Elio said they didn't NEED the gov't loan, that they were viable without it.
Now they don't have the funding, so something must have happened to the money that they were expecting to get them by without the loan.
Now they say 1st half of 2016 and Caddo agrees to extend the no-fines period until then.
If they don't have the funding, I can't imagine why they would pick 1st half of 2016 and why Caddo would agree to push off the deadline. They can't be basing this on the loan, as that is pretty unsure, but they must have told Caddo something that got them to agree to the extension.

I, like others on here, believe they should have said "We will be able to start production within X no of months after this, this, and this happen.".

But they didn't. They said 1st half of 2016.
That leads me to believe that they have a plan outside of the loan, and since Caddo went along with it, it must be a pretty solid plan.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's what I was thinking about last night. Pardon my ramblings...
Elio said 3rd qtr 2015. Caddo agreed with that. Elio said they didn't NEED the gov't loan, that they were viable without it.
Now they don't have the funding, so something must have happened to the money that they were expecting to get them by without the loan.
Now they say 1st half of 2016 and Caddo agrees to extend the no-fines period until then.
If they don't have the funding, I can't imagine why they would pick 1st half of 2016 and why Caddo would agree to push off the deadline. They can't be basing this on the loan, as that is pretty unsure, but they must have told Caddo something that got them to agree to the extension.

I, like others on here, believe they should have said "We will be able to start production within X no of months after this, this, and this happen.".

But they didn't. They said 1st half of 2016.
That leads me to believe that they have a plan outside of the loan, and since Caddo went along with it, it must be a pretty solid plan.
You are maybe missing something. It could be that Elio has (still has) some person or persons who are chomping at the bit to fund Elio in exchange for a chunk of the company (think Shark Tank). Elio would be correct in saying "We don't need the loan" and were perhaps ready to accept the offer. Then, the AMTV loan people said "Hey, we are ready to loan out money again." Elio had a choice - delay and wait on the loan process but maintain control of the company... or don't delay production but lose a chunk of the company. I'd choose delay. Plausible? I think so.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One concern I have is that I thought Paul Elio had stated long ago that the government funding loan is not a requirment and now the whole thing seems to be dependent on it??
That is what changed. Certain financial commitments that were expected did not materialize -- translation, they lost a major backer. If they fail to get the ATVM loan guarantee, that's going to make things more difficult.

Paul's understandable unwillingness to sell off large blocks of stock isn't helping.

Top Bottom