• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Event In Connecticut 5/30-6/1/2014

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will bring my camera but don't think I will need a room. The folks in RI pack an overnight bag for 20 min trips, I plan to make it back...

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a couple of hours from me according to Mapquest. I will have to ride down there.
If Boston is any closer, they are going to be there June 6-8. I don't have exact location but as soon as it is posted I will be adding to the Schedule of Elio Events. :-) Z

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Boston is any closer, they are going to be there June 6-8. I don't have exact location but as soon as it is posted I will be adding to the Schedule of Elio Events. :) Z
I'm betting they will go to the Natick Mall for the Boston area mall because it is near MA Pike (I-90) and rte 128 (aka I-95), so it will be 45 minutes closer for me if I'm correct, and I think it will be even closer for Karl.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Last month there were a ton on terrific photos that answered most of my questions, however are there any shots that people would like those of us going to take? Also, what questions would you like us to ask the Elio staff?

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last month there were a ton on terrific photos that answered most of my questions, however are there any shots that people would like those of us going to take? Also, what questions would you like us to ask the Elio staff?
My current questions that I hope to ask in Boston, but I know I will be pressed for time, so if you can try and ask the following:

1. When do they expect next series of prototypes? Is the goal still 18-26 prototypes?
2. Is there a concern that lack of funding could cause further delays?
3. Do they have an estimated fully loaded price for those of us that would opt for every available item? (heated leather seats, heated-dimmable side mirrors, cruise control, floor mats, auto trans, extra set of three wheels mounted with snow tires, bluetooth, etc...)
4. Will there be any hotel parking lot events for the days between Stamford, CT and Boston, MA. Like in lets say Hartford, CT or Providence, RI?

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I also plan on asking the following.
1) Will there be an option to have a custom paint job done prior to delivery, such as through a subcontractor?
2) When will North Carolina get a visit? And is the helmet law what is causing Elio to avoid the state?
3) How can the rear plastic area be removed? (if demonstrated will do both photos and video)
4) Is there a reason to NOT paint the dark plastic areas to match the Elio body?
5) Will there be mounting spots for a full sized license plate if the law will allow for it?
6) The last we heard, $47m out of $200m had been raised, that figure is half a year old, what is the current figure?
7) What dashboard options will be available in addition to the Elgin? Specifically, will there be a full LCD option and an "old school" option?
8) Is the AMT going to be the standard option, or will it cost extra like the normal automatic option mentioned, or is the AMT actually the automatic option that has been mentioned?

Last edited:
Top Bottom