1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Elio Event In Connecticut 5/30-6/1/2014

Discussion in 'Connecticut' started by zelio, May 23, 2014.

1. Joshua Caldwell

Joshua Caldwell Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Reservation #:
    9) Will we be able to choose our tinting?, such as the following which is a heat resistant tint rather than one to make the Elio windows dark http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...ucts/Automotive/Crystalline_Automotive_Films/
    10) Will there be an option to have electricity run to the fenders so that Can-Am light strips, etc. can be applied?
    11) Would there be a benefit from hiding the windshield wiper from the wind and is this planned?
    12) Is the reason the bottom is not covered in a smooth fairing or is that planned for later?
    13) I've heard that the IAV engine is being detuned to meet the 84MPG goal. Will an option be a switch that the driver can change between Eco (detuned) and Sport (original tuning) modes?

Last edited: May 24, 2014
    Keith Stone, Jim H and zelio like this.
  2. Jim H

Jim H Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    All great questions and the answers will determine if production will begin as currently scheduled

Keith Stone, Blackbird and zelio like this.
  3. zelio

zelio Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Or the marketing staff who are there will not know the answers or be under instructions not to answer questions about certain issues. I look at any lists of questions and wonder, would I want these answered by marketing staff at this time if it were my business. But then I don't feel my reservation entitles me to any more information than Paul Elio is ready to give out so therefore I am willing to wait. Just my as always not at all humble opion. :-) Z

Greycat, Blackbird, goofyone and 2 others like this.
  4. Joshua Caldwell

Reservation #:
    Most of them will probably not be answered, but with a big list I hope that some will be. In the meantime, post any other questions you would like asked.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Question 14 - With the ever growing Elio following do you feel the daily questions, criticism, and critique is Helping or Slowing progress of the completion of Elio? JUST A JOKE!!!! I am Not poking fun at your list, just an observation pretending I was one of the poor bastards that has to stand there showing this car to perspective buyers while being Pummeled by back seat designers and critics. All in fun.......

zelio likes this.
  6. karl

karl Elio Addict

Just look at what the others do and ask yourself why. Nobody offers a limo black windshield due to them being illegal everywhere. Most other items will meet the standard of the most restricted part of the market. A state like Arizona may allow more tint than say Michigan. Yada yada yada. This vehicle will never be all things to all people. It is inexpensive enough that you can change some of things you see as less than perfect.

zelio likes this.
  7. Joshua Caldwell

Reservation #:
    14) (from another thread) I noticed on their site they have plans for a store in Hoover, AL. I also noticed that they plan to offer wraps as an option. Does anyone know how this might be done? Will they do them in-house? It seems like the kind of thing they would contract out. The reason I ask is because I work for a company just down the road in Pelham that does vehicle wraps, and I would love the chance to design and wrap some of these things.

Anybody have any insight on how that will work or where I might inquire about it?

8. Kuda

Kuda Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    'OL 2951 Bazinga!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKnHZLDou4Ef67mitrVhHAJVzyRwdFA5IGvz7useGcsr6J6JxS.jpg

Greycat and zelio like this.
  9. Joshua Caldwell

Reservation #:
    Recorded an 18 minute interview which includes new information.

Greycat, JNR and zelio like this.
  10. JNR

JNR Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Awesome! BTW, were there a lot of people there?

zelio likes this.