• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Events 2016

bebopag

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Finally...had someone answer the phone at ELIO H.Q. .
They are proposedly looking into the matter as to local Shreveport mis-communication, mis-information (at this late date).
Just as a standard operational procedure (SOP) you would think someone in Elio P.R. would be on top of these events BEFORE they happened.
REST ASSURED YOU "MIGHT NOT" NEED A....POLICE JURORS PASS !
Plus, it might be a parking lot viewing (and not an enclosed private showing as was related to me by the Shreveport Convention Center & Bureau representative). Geeeeez !

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Finally...had someone answer the phone at ELIO H.Q. .
They are proposedly looking into the matter as to local Shreveport mis-communication, mis-information (at this late date).
Just as a standard operational procedure (SOP) you would think someone in Elio P.R. would be on top of these events BEFORE they happened.
REST ASSURED YOU "MIGHT NOT" NEED A....POLICE JURORS PASS !
Plus, it might be a parking lot viewing (and not an enclosed private showing as was related to me by the Shreveport Convention Center & Bureau representative). Geeeeez !
Your assumption was you thought government employees would be able to do their job. ;)

bebopag

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
GRUMPY...
Before I drive 200 miles to see an Elio, I'll have a Shreveport "Police Jurors Pass" in my hand.
I did ask the Shreveport Convention Bureau lady rep: "What is a Police Juror's private showing or meeting ?" She responded with an: "I don't know."
And I asked, "How can I receive a Shreveport "Police Juror's Pass" ?
Again she replyed, "I don't know."
Perhaps it's time to call the Shreveport Police Department to make any remote attempt to acquire a Shreveport Police Juror's Pass.
At least I want to see my Elio...before I die.
P.S. Perhaps Shreveport Police Juror's Passes are only issued to residents of Shreveport ?

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Police Jury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_Jury
Wikipedia
In the U.S. state of Louisiana, the typical governing body of the parish is called the Police Jury. Not every parish is governed by a Police Jury, but 41 of the 64 parishes use this system. The Police Jury is the legislative and executive government of the parish, and is elected by the voters.
Origins of the Police Jury - ‎Parishes using the Police Jury ...

Sounds like EM wants to show the government leaders that progress is being made.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Police Jury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_Jury
Wikipedia
In the U.S. state of Louisiana, the typical governing body of the parish is called the Police Jury. Not every parish is governed by a Police Jury, but 41 of the 64 parishes use this system. The Police Jury is the legislative and executive government of the parish, and is elected by the voters.
Origins of the Police Jury - ‎Parishes using the Police Jury ...

Sounds like EM wants to show the government leaders that progress is being made.
thank you, between parishes' and jury, at least they're not a commonwealth!!!!!

bebopag

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Therefore, the patrician VIP showing will be private until the plebeians are admitted.
Too bad the Hilton, Convention Center, Shreveport Times and Tourist and Visitors Bureau were not informed of the gig.
Hope they did not spill drinks and snacks all over the Elio's interior.

LATE BREAKING NEWS:
Finally, late call back from Shreveport Tourist Bureau. THERE WILL BE AN ELIO OUTDOOR SHOWING SOMEWHERE NEAR THE HILTON HOTEL (Sunday 12-7 pm).
Perhaps ELIO placed a blow-torch on someone's rear.
Bring umbrellas.

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
10-4 .... unfortunately, our hope of getting to see the tour this Sunday just died .... one of my wife's Texas cousins and his family just let us know they are coming over Sunday to Visit
Before, I posted to take some pictures and share-----forget that post.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
LATE BREAKING NEWS:
Finally, late call back from Shreveport Tourist Bureau. THERE WILL BE AN ELIO OUTDOOR SHOWING SOMEWHERE NEAR THE HILTON HOTEL (Sunday 12-7 pm).
Perhaps ELIO placed a blow-torch on someone's rear.
Bring umbrellas.

no surprise whatsoever; in fact, it was easily predicted .... note, post 38 above .... as also noted in that post, it serves no useful purpose to get all worked up over things like this

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FINALLY...on the way to Shreveport - March 6th from Corsicana, Texas, "Piece of Cake" - 4 hr drive. East Texas Farm-to-Market roads (among piney woods) await bop and his marshmallow Elio.
Would love to make it from the DFW area, but can't because of schedule constraints.

Top Bottom